Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

A way to turn off particles / hair always on after restart

everytime i close and reopen a:m the "draw particles / hair" option is set to on, regardless if i´ve set it to off the session before. in my current project i always forget that when i´m opening the project, and when i want to scrub through the timeline, a:m starts calculating the particles (i´ve a sprite system set up), which can take up to 10 minutes or so, depending on the number of frames it has to calculate. the active-status the model which emits the particles is set to off, so i wonder why a:m is calculating the particles anyway... any advice?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually this is a problem I'm having with V17g.

The present project doesn't use any particle or hair systems but every time I open it up that is always turned on in the render options. I've turned it off under the Tools options several times. Then saved the changes. It still keeps coming back.

I just opened the project. Changed that and the fps in the tools options, cleared all the models and chors. Saved and closed, then reopened the program.

The fps an rotate changes were still there but the hair systems were back ???

Its not a problem at the moment but may be later on .

regards

simon

Actually this is a problem I'm having with V17g.

The present project doesn't use any particle or hair systems but every time I open it up that is always turned on in the render options. I've turned it off under the Tools options several times. Then saved the changes. It still keeps coming back.

I just opened the project. Changed that and the fps in the tools options, cleared all the models and chors. Saved and closed, then reopened the program.

The fps an rotate changes were still there but the hair systems were back ???

Its not a problem at the moment but may be later on .

regards

simon

did you check that particular checkbox rob was talking about? that did it for me... if you just set it to off in the render section of the tools options it keeps coming back, the checkbox in the globals-tab seems to be permanent.

if you just set it to off in the render section of the tools options it keeps coming back, the checkbox in the globals-tab seems to be permanent.

I had same problem, even with setting the checkbox in global tab.

I think the problem (and perhaps Simon's) is that I have "use settings from the camera" set in the render options, rather than "use settings from this dialog".

If I save my chor with particles off in the chor's camera data, then when I reopen it or A:M, the particles/hair will be off.

if you just set it to off in the render section of the tools options it keeps coming back, the checkbox in the globals-tab seems to be permanent.

I had same problem, even with setting the checkbox in global tab.

I think the problem (and perhaps Simon's) is that I have "use settings from the camera" set in the render options, rather than "use settings from this dialog".

If I save my chor with particles off in the chor's camera data, then when I reopen it or A:M, the particles/hair will be off.

Nancy

Apologies. I haven't caught up with this yet. Thank you for your reply. I will try that now.

regards

simon

Ps

I changed the settings in render under Tools to "Use this dialogue" and it seems to have worked. Thank you.