Hash, Inc. Forums

TreeSketch

Well, spoke too soon. The tree prop comes in looking right, but doesn't render anywhere close to the same.

Still, the export saves a hi-rez png file with transparency, which is how I've been doing my trees lately anyway, so it's still a win.

Making trees in seconds is just amazing.

Okay, so I tried a different route.

I used the OBJ importer to bring another tree I made into a model file. It seems to work:

Screen_Shot_2013_06_12_at_4.38.11_PM.png

I did have to go into the decals and change the leaf images to be cookie cutter, but other than that, it seems to work fairly well.

The .mtl file is a little weird...writing all the properties out in one line. it does look like it is loading the image as diffuse color and as transparency (d)...I'll make time to play with this and see if I can figure out. The layer object using the .png image is probably the best way to use if you don't need to be up close

#Tree Created using TreeSketch 3.0

newmtl branches

Ka 0.2 0.2 0.2

Kd 0.8 0.8 0.8

Ks 0.8 0.8 0.8

Ns 5.0

illum 2

map_Kd Tree6-12-13_9_51_AMBark.png

newmtl leaves

Ka 0.2 0.2 0.2

Kd 0.8 0.8 0.8

Ks 0.8 0.8 0.8

Ns 5.0

illum 2

d 0.99999

map_Kd Tree6-12-13_9_51_AMLeaf.png

map_d Tree6-12-13_9_51_AMLeaf.png

Well, spoke too soon. The tree prop comes in looking right, but doesn't render anywhere close to the same.

Still, the export saves a hi-rez png file with transparency, which is how I've been doing my trees lately anyway, so it's still a win.

Making trees in seconds is just amazing.

tried your tree on my mac

but it locks up on load used both version 16 and 17

any ideas

j

It does take a little while for it to load and you'll see the beach ball. If you wait, it should work. I tried both versions myself. Difference was that v16 didn't ask for maps. The prop came in as a white tree with rectangular leaves.

I'm going to go with the png files. They render much faster and don't have the uv mapping problem.