Hash, Inc. Forums

A:M Community connection trouble

Tore

When starting A:M up, the program suddenly stops loading, displaying this message:

It just sits there for 20 seconds, then continue and complete loading.

I am not sure if this is a new behaviour, but I think so.

I then tried opening the community service tab in A:M with the purpose of changing what I thought to be a setting, so A:M would load without trying to connect to community service. I couldn't find any settings there, just the login screen. Then tried to log on, and guess what happened: yes, exactly: it halted for 20 seconds and then came with this message:

I am not interested in using community service (from inside A:M anyhow) so how do I stop A:M from trying to connect, and thus start up faster?

(Oh, and by the way, I AM connected to the internet, and I HAVE tried shutting down firewall and anti-virus - it didn't do any difference)

I then tried opening the community service tab in A:M with the purpose of changing what I thought to be a setting, so A:M would load without trying to connect to community service. I couldn't find any settings there, just the login screen.

On windows: just Close the Community window (view/community or Alt+6). Or on windows just click on the "x". Then shut down A:M. A:M should startup without the community window active from now on

IF Nancy's way does not work, I dont think there is a possibility to disable that from within A:M. A:M's community-service seems to be offline right now, and you get that message because of that.

In general if you deactivate the community window it should not come up again trying to connect. I am not sure if it does that in the background, but in general it does not for me.

Anyway there actually is a setting in the registery called "ServerTimeOut" which is set to 20. You can try to set that for instance to 1 (I am not sure if it is wise to set it to 0) to shorten that time.

If you are on a windows-pc, this is how you do it. Be AWARE that changing something in the registery is something you do on your own risk! You may want to back it up before doing anything there!

1.) Go to "Start" and type in the searchfield "regedit".

2.) Click on the resulting regedit.exe-file.

3.) Navigate to "Computer > HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Hash, Inc. > Animation Master v17.0 > Config".

4.) In the right part you should now see an entry "Server TimeOut" of the type "REG_SZ". Double-click on it.

5.) Insert the value 1 (make sure to only insert numeric values) and click on OK.

6.) Restart your PC and test again.

See you

*Fuchur*

Closing down the community window/tab, doesn't change anything in the load sequence. A:M tries to communicate with the community server no matter what.

I'll try the register trick tomorrow (it is 3 in the night here in DK right now, so I better get some sleep) and I'm confident it will work.

Thanks for the help :-)

Gerald, I have now tried to change the time out value in the reg base, and it worked! But unfortunately it only worked once!

On second run of A:M the value somehow is reset to 20 seconds :-(

So timeout must be written somewhere else, and poked into the register when closing A:M.

Any idea?

Isn't there a way to prevent A:M to communicate with the community server altogether?

Open the community window, you should be able to sign out/log off. Just closing the window doesn't sign you off.

Does that work even if A:M cant sign in in the first place?

See u

*Fuchur*

Nope, did not work. A:M keeps on wanting to log on at program start, whatever the status of the community window at previous program termination.

BUT, in the meantime I found the solution: using regeditor I found that the value "1" was set for "community/auto signin". Changing this to a zero, turns off the auto sign in at program start alltogether. And this setting seem to stick!

If anyone have problems with slow program start, this does the trick :-)