Hash, Inc. Forums

Animating Background using numbered files

It's been a while since I've done this - I have a string of tga files (0000 - 0600) and want to apply them as a moving decal. As I recall, I only have to apply the first in the series, and the rest will follow automatically. It doesn't seem to be working - the image stays frozen on the first frame. I've put a few of them in the decal folder, thinking perhaps they need to be there and not just in the images folder, but that is not working either. I made an action, wherein the object the decal is applied to moves slightly, but still no luck. I've looked for the subject in the techref manuel but can't find it. Perhaps also someone could let me know where it is in the manuel.

Also, is it possible to use an avi or other movie format as a moving decal these days? In any case, if someone could let me know what I'm doing wrong, or how to get it to move, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks,

Douglas

• Hash Fellow

Th image sequence will work but you need to explicitly import it to be that. RMB onthe images folder>Import>Animation or Image Sequence

Once it's there you can make it take the place of your already applied decal by dragging it from the images folder down to your model>Decals folder then dropping it on the Images folder and deleting the image that was there before.

Th image sequence will work but you need to explicitly import it to be that. RMB onthe images folder>Import>Animation or Image Sequence

Once it's there you can make it take the place of your already applied decal by dragging it from the images folder down to your model>Decals folder then dropping it on the Images folder and deleting the image that was there before.

Thanks Rob. I will do it.

Douglas

It's been a while since I've done this - I have a string of tga files (0000 - 0600) and want to apply them as a moving decal. As I recall, I only have to apply the first in the series, and the rest will follow automatically. It doesn't seem to be working - the image stays frozen on the first frame. I've put a few of them in the decal folder, thinking perhaps they need to be there and not just in the images folder, but that is not working either. I made an action, wherein the object the decal is applied to moves slightly, but still no luck. I've looked for the subject in the techref manuel but can't find it. Perhaps also someone could let me know where it is in the manuel.

Also, is it possible to use an avi or other movie format as a moving decal these days? In any case, if someone could let me know what I'm doing wrong, or how to get it to move, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks,

Douglas

Thanks again - worked like a charm.

Douglas