Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

speaker design and more

thefreshestever

here´s some stuff i´ve made lately with the help of a:m.

1. DDQ Series video:

those are touring class PA speakers which i´ve designed two years ago. i did the layouts for those speakers with a:m (they looked a little different in the development stage, some things were too difficult to realilze in production). so the design for the speakers was made in a:m, the speakers you see in the video are real video-shots though. the only 3D footage besides the lines-stuff was the compression driver, i had to model it in a:m, because the prototype we filmed didn´t have the right driver built in ;) the animation was made in after effects, the lines with a plug-in called plexus.

2.DAVE8Roadie

i have not designed this speaker system, but i´ve had to model and render it in a:m, because the prototype wasn´t ready yet before the exhibition, and my client wanted to have ads and flyers for this product. it took about one day to model, another day to get the renderings out the way i wanted them.

[vimeo]60318993[/vimeo]

https://vimeo.com/60318993

DDQsub18.jpg

DDQsub212.jpg

dave8roadie_01_1000x1000.jpg

dave8roadie_02_1000x1000.jpg

Dave8Roadie_big_admotive.jpg

roadie_back.jpg

roadie_front.jpg

stativpic.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

here´s some stuff i´ve made lately with the help of a:m.

1. DDQ Series video:

those are touring class PA speakers which i´ve designed two years ago. i did the layouts for those speakers with a:m (they looked a little different in the development stage, some things were too difficult to realilze in production). so the design for the speakers was made in a:m, the speakers you see in the video are real video-shots though. the only 3D footage besides the lines-stuff was the compression driver, i had to model it in a:m, because the prototype we filmed didn´t have the right driver built in ;) the animation was made in after effects, the lines with a plug-in called plexus.

2.DAVE8Roadie

i have not designed this speaker system, but i´ve had to model and render it in a:m, because the prototype wasn´t ready yet before the exhibition, and my client wanted to have ads and flyers for this product. it took about one day to model, another day to get the renderings out the way i wanted them.

https://vimeo.com/60318993

Really well done :). The quality is really astonishing and the effects you combined there are a very good example what realism is possible with A:M.

Thanks for showing these :). Looks amazing. (and looks like a very good product too :) )

There are some wireframes in the Vimeo video, do you have some of the images as well? Looks like a lot of (great) work :).

See you

*Fuchur*

thanks, gerald.

the model for the wireframe is actually the final CAD-model, which the technician at the speaker factory exported for me as an obj (i couldn´t use my initial design-state model, because it differs too much from the final product), so i could import it into the plexus plug-in in after effects. i had to do a lot of clean up work on that model, because it was awfully complex. the obj-file i was given had a file size of round about 30mb, you can imagine how many details that model had. so i imported it into a free 3d-application (blender) and deleted all the stuff i didn´t need for the wireframe, separated the speaker, the handle, and the ampflifier module, exported everything as single obj-files, imported them in plexus and put them together, so i could animate them separately. the horn flare was not included in the model, so i made that in a:m, and exportet it as an obj. (because modeling in blender is a pain in the ass ;) )

edit: not only modeling ;)

thanks, gerald.

the model for the wireframe is actually the final CAD-model, which the technician at the speaker factory exported for me as an obj (i couldn´t use my initial design-state model, because it differs too much from the final product), so i could import it into the plexus plug-in in after effects. i had to do a lot of clean up work on that model, because it was awfully complex. the obj-file i was given had a file size of round about 30mb, you can imagine how many details that model had. so i imported it into a free 3d-application (blender), and deleted all the stuff i didn´t need for the wireframe, separated the speaker, the handle, and the ampflifier module, exported everything as single obj-files, imported them in plexus and put them together, so i could animate them separately. the horn flare was not included in the model, so i made that in a:m, and exportet it as an obj. (because modeling in blender is a pain in the ass ;) )

edit: not only modeling ;)

Jep, know what you are talking about... CAD models are always hard to work with, especially since the customer tends to say "but I gave you the model, you just have to make it look well..."

In most cases I end up remodelling the model (because there are now or very bad edge loops, etc. in the CAD-model-exports) in A:M and only use the CAD-imports as a reference-guide... but is always a timing-challenge to do that...

Anyway it looks like a very nice result and that it what counts :).

See you

*Fuchur*