Tutorial

Dpendleton77

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
Rob how many do you suggest?
I haven't read it closely. Just try to approximate what he has.

I am also at a loss at how he got the legs to open up at the top, he just seem to skip that part.
Open up?

That tutorial was put together by Alonso Soriano who probably won't see your query here.

If you can elaborate on the parts of the tutorial where you are confused others will be able to assist you though.

Rodney I have been going through it and it seems like I just have to crack down just do it. I am trying to problem solve and it is helping.

4.Now you can see things in render mode (keyboard 9 or 10). Close off the inside ring (I just ran two splines across it and connected them). Group and name that part Pupil. All groups of the eye should be shiny, so put some specular size and intensity in each group. I don't understand what he did here.

• Hash Fellow

Where are you seeing that? I see this for step 4

4. Always model from a multiple views. Instead of having 2 modeling windows open I use the numpad hotkey's to jump around and check, thereby allowing me to have the biggest screen workspace. You could go to Window->New Window and then ->tile vertically to have 2 windows open at once.

Select the model (either click and drag which will pull a selecting box around it, or click anywhere on it and hit / on the keyboard) Hit S to scale it (or find the scale button) Go to a side view and click drag the circled part towards the middle, this should make it skinnier from the side but look untouched from the front.

Where are you seeing that? I see this for step 4

4. Always model from a multiple views. Instead of having 2 modeling windows open I use the numpad hotkey's to jump around and check, thereby allowing me to have the biggest screen workspace. You could go to Window->New Window and then ->tile vertically to have 2 windows open at once.

Select the model (either click and drag which will pull a selecting box around it, or click anywhere on it and hit / on the keyboard) Hit S to scale it (or find the scale button) Go to a side view and click drag the circled part towards the middle, this should make it skinnier from the side but look untouched from the front.

I am sorry that was on the section for the eye. I am past the part 4 of the body.

• Hash Fellow
4.Now you can see things in render mode (keyboard 9 or 10). Close off the inside ring (I just ran two splines across it and connected them). Group and name that part Pupil. All groups of the eye should be shiny, so put some specular size and intensity in each group. I don't understand what he did here.

If you mean adding the specularity, do that inthe rpoerties for the group.

I f you mean filling in the hole...

FillingLathedHole.mov

FillingLathedHole.mov

That is exactly what I was looking for thank you.

FillingLathedHole.mov

That is exactly what I was looking for thank you.

In Roberts video-capture: You can create more legal patches if you are connecting the dead ends on the half ot ehs pline between them too... it will result in a 3 point / 4 point-patchsituations so.

Another way is to make the whole really small and then using the Stitch-feature (I tend to do this). You get a "plain" area then, but since it is that small it will not matter, but it still will not let you look through...

See you

*Fuchur*

I'm not sure what you are trying to do.

I wanted to close those spaces,some weird stuff happened when I broke and deleted the spline for the arm space it looked like it was gone but then when I unhide everything it seemed that the splines was never deleted.

• Hash Fellow

I can't tell exactly but maybe you left some five-point areas when you deleted a spline. The other splines would still be there but not fill in.

If there's something there you don't want, you can still select it and delete it.