Hash, Inc. Forums

Video-Introduction on using Makerbots Replicator 2 with A:M

• Admin

Nice!

I really like your other video that shows the creation of a large object too.

...AND...

It is very cool that you have been making Makerbot parts with the Makerbot (such as you did to hold the different size plastic wire spool).

Very nice!

Nice!

I really like your other video that shows the creation of a large object too.

...AND...

It is very cool that you have been making Makerbot parts with the Makerbot (such as you did to hold the different size plastic wire spool).

Very nice!

It really is fun :).

The funny thing about it is, that I am printing more to make it better than actually printing stuff for other purposes ;).

(I have printed several things like a jevel case, a cellphone-holder especially designed and built for my car, some trinket stuff for a friend and so on, but often what I create is a spool holder (a better one ;) than the one I already showed ;) ), a tool holder for spatulas I use with the Rep2, and now an updated extruder, which should make it much easier to print with the Makerbot. (this one is not designed by me)

I like to fiddle around with it as much as I like to do actual useful stuff with it ;).

See you

*Fuchur*

Wow, really excellent tutorial, Gerald! first time I've seen the Makerbot interface, looks like it couldn't be easier or more intuitive. One thing that piqued my interest was the option to utilize a displacement map. I've wondered about this and it's really a big deal I think. Have you played around with that by any chance?