Hash, Inc. Forums

Rotoscope - Side view

I dropped my rotoscope into model window and when I try to open a second window for side view and drop the rotoscope in it does not show up. I want to know what I am doing wrong and if I can have the second window be model instead of choreography? God I hope this made sense.

• Hash Fellow

Does a listing for the second rotoscope at least show up under the model in the PWS?

It has some properties and you can choose a "front", "left"... view

You can also RMB>New>Rotoscope in a window to add a rotoscope instead of dragging one in.

Ah, you RMB'ed on the model in the PWS to get your rotoscopes. By default with this method A:M will put it in the 'Front View'.

You can change it by going to it in the PWS and opening its properties and change 'View'.

This throw me too the first time I encountered it! I always choose in the Modeling window now.

I'm not sure you can have separate views in separate modeling windows of the same model. Least I'v never found a way.

Screen_shot_2013_04_06_at_19.04.15.png

Does a listing for the second rotoscope at least show up under the model in the PWS?

It has some properties and you can choose a "front", "left"... view

You can also RMB>New>Rotoscope in a window to add a rotoscope instead of dragging one in.

I am sorry to seem ignorant but what is RMB???

Right mouse button, or as others prefer: right click

Even if you have 1 image being used as a roto for 2 different views, as long as you have designated it in A:M as for left rotoscope (in left window), and for front rotoscope in front window, then positioning one in the front view should not effect positioning in left, unless you have both selected at the same time?

I'm not sure you can have separate views in separate modeling windows of the same model. Least I'v never found a way.

On PC when you are in the model window go to menu: window/new window (alt+W) then change the view in the new window

Well that was embarrassingly easy! Thanks Nancy :)

After all this time I never found it!

Its fun to discover some new 'how to...' in A:M!

Right mouse button, or as others prefer: right click

Even if you have 1 image being used as a roto for 2 different views, as long as you have designated it in A:M as for left rotoscope (in left window), and for front rotoscope in front window, then positioning one in the front view should not effect positioning in left, unless you have both selected at the same time?

I am still stuck on getting one in side view. Thank you.

Have you changed the view property for the rotoscope for the left (side) window? The front window roto property should say front instead. Notice both views are using same image, but positioned differently

leftroto.jpg

Have you changed the view property for the rotoscope for the left (side) window? The front window roto property should say front instead. Notice both views are using same image, but positioned differently

Thank you very much.

My screen does not look like that. When I hit properties I get nothing. What am I doing wrong?

My screen does not look like that. When I hit properties I get nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Post a screen grab of what you see. I was using 16b-32 PC. I have View/properties on because I have Tools/options/global show property triangle NOT checked (you may have it checked). I also have show advanced properties checked (perhaps you don't?)

advancedproperties.jpg

You are showing the properties for the model - you need to show/change the view properties for the rotoscope - click on rotoscope1 (in PWS in the model under rotoscopesl) and the properties for rotoscope1 will show up in the property window. Then change rotoscope1's view property to left (or right or whatever), and then click in the model window, and change your view in the model window (to left, right or whatever).

You can add additional rotoscopes by right clicking on model/new/rotoscope/pick the image (can be same image)...then change the view property of the new instance of the rotoscope to front (or whatever). If you want to reposition the roto (for a particular view) - change the model window to the view you want, click on the rotoscope, and move it

(You can close the community window, if you're not using it, and you will have more space available for everything else on your screen. Similarly, you can also close the chor window, if you're just concerned with modeling for now.)

You are showing the properties for the model - you need to show/change the view properties for the rotoscope - click on rotoscope1 (in PWS in the model under rotoscopesl) and the properties for rotoscope1 will show up in the property window. Then change rotoscope1's view property to left (or right or whatever), and then click in the model window, and change your view in the model window (to left, right or whatever).

You can add additional rotoscopes by right clicking on model/new/rotoscope/pick the image (can be same image)...then change the view property of the new instance of the rotoscope to front (or whatever). If you want to reposition the roto (for a particular view) - change the model window to the view you want, click on the rotoscope, and move it

(You can close the community window, if you're not using it, and you will have more space available for everything else on your screen. Similarly, you can also close the chor window, if you're just concerned with modeling for now.)

You may want to have a look at the beginners video tuts at my website. See my signature.

See u

*Fuchur*

• Admin

Robert's life may never be the same:

For the present it's impossible to type the letters R M B together in the forum without being um... effected.

Test test test

RMB

If'n you want to type the letters R M B by themselves you'll have to put extra spaces or characters in between the letters.

:P

Note: This change is not retroactive over previously posted topics/posts. For the change to go into effect the post with the letters R/M/B would have to be edited/refreshed. In other news... we might need to make the replacement R.M.B. graphic a bit smaller. The red light is also appearing on the left of the mouse... hmmm... thats not very optimal. Now the red light is on the right.

In order to stay on topic I will suggest that with regard to Rotoscopes that whenever someone wants to create a Rotoscope from ANY ANGLE, NO MATTER HOW ORIENTED we can use a single patch with the desired image or sequence applied to it. For best results fade the image out a little and lock it to make it non-pickable.

• Admin

I dunno. Looks about the right size to me.

(In case this is confusing folks.... it was rather huge before)

The following words might need to be avoided in their ALLCAPS form (with spaces included in the words):

armband

armbands

stormbound

warmblooded

As in, "HELP! SIMCLOTH IS NOT ANIMATING MY CHARACTER'S A RMB AND CORRECTLY!"

Luckily the forum ignores whole words that include more than just those three letters. ;)

My apologies Douglas. The topic is back to you and Rotoscopes.

Nancy was just commenting on your cute character. I heartily agree with her.

More please!

• Hash Fellow

I'm warning you kids... don't make Nancy come over there! :angry:

If all else fails, do a Help>Reset all settings.

(btw, this will lose all your custom keyboard shortcuts and other settings.)

Ah, you RMB'ed on the model in the PWS to get your rotoscopes. By default with this method A:M will put it in the 'Front View'.

You can change it by going to it in the PWS and opening its properties and change 'View'.

This throw me too the first time I encountered it! I always choose in the Modeling window now.

You know I am not seeing that at all.