Hash, Inc. Forums

3DConnexion Mouse

I raised this last time I used AM and got nowhere. The 3DConnexion *standard* axis for Spin and Roll are swapped in AM. Last time I raised this (years ago) I was told this was what certain AM users wanted and it wouldn't change. Would a request to add a user option to use the 3DConnexion *default* axis be considered?

Cheers

So it overrides what AM does to the axis?

Very likely not. But it would be before that. A:M would still interpret X-axis data but in reallity it would be the y-axis which would be manipulated by the device.

This is called remapping. A:M would think it would receice X-data but it would really be data of another axis but the API inbetween just remaps the informations.

Try out if it works. It may be possible.

See you

*Fuchur*

Yes you can set preferences for each application, even applications that don't support a 3d mouse.

http://www.3dconnexion.com/supported-software/anywhere.html

I had a couple of other programs that would read the axis opposite than the 3d mouse showed. It isn't really an AM thing but the base driver for 3d Connexion was always quirky.

I really love the Anywhere driver. It solved many issues they had with supported and unsupported software by allowing the device to use inputs from standard devices ie: keyboard, joystick, mouse as well as 3d mouse.

I use my 3d mouse to rotate, pan and zoom pages in Manga as I draw :)

I think you might not have the "active" not checked at the lower portion of the advanced menus tab.

I saved the profile out that I use and you should be able to import it in under the profiles menu on top.

I also attached screen caps of each of the settings so you can see how mine is set. Big thing is to tweak the speeds and dead zones because they vary for each user.

Master_64.xml

pan_left_right.JPG

pan_up_down.JPG

roll.JPG

spin.JPG

tilt.JPG

zoom.JPG

No - they are all set to active..... The Tilt, Roll and Spin simply move the 3D Space in Z, Z and Y directions respectively. I can't even get the thing to work as a 2D mouse in the default Windows Explorer!

What is the xml file for?

Hmm, when you initially set the profile there are base options to emulate a keyboard, joystick or 3d mouse. Make sure it is set for a 3d mouse and in AM preferences make sure 3d mouse is active.

The XML file is the profile I use for my AM settings. You should be able to import it into the Anywhere driver.

Click "Manage Profiles"

Choose "import"

Browse for the xml.

I did uninstall the original driver and only use the Anywhere driver here. Something to investigate if it still isn't working.

Well this 3DConnexion thing is crap. It's stopped working again - works in Windows Explorer but won't load a profile for AM anymore. Very disappointing..... I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling the software and driver *again*.....

Well this 3DConnexion thing is crap. It's stopped working again - works in Windows Explorer but won't load a profile for AM anymore. Very disappointing..... I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling the software and driver *again*.....

Really interesting how much trouble you are facing... I never found the device a must have, but all in all it worked okay for me...

See you

*Fuchur*