Hash, Inc. Forums

2008 rig in V17

Simon Edmondson

I got V17 today and, while a render was going through, took the opportunity use it to revisit the rig installation and CP weighting on a figure.

Have used the rig and installation guide before with relative ease however, this time, the fan bones don't seem to have installed correctly. Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, how did you fix it?

Fan_bones.jpg

This is a screen shot with the bones in extreme positions but, as you can see, the fan bones have not moved with the regular geometry.

regards

simon

OSX, V17.

Is there a pose that needs to be turned on?

Robert

I don't think so ( ? ), I had reached the point were you have to check CP assignment and weighting, before mirroring it to the other side. I was just about to start on the weighting when the problem was noticed. Tried to reinstall the rig using the plug in but to no avail.

regards

simon

I'm not a 2008 rig guru but in general the next thing I'd do is find the relationship that contains one of those fan bones and see what the constraint for it is doing.

Robert

I'll have another go at installing it I think and make sure I do it properly.

Hey Ho...

regards

simon

Just realised what my error was. Apologies for post.