Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

5 FPS

sb4

I'm interested in getting the look of 5 frames per second animation, with no interpolation.

I'm wondering what is the most efficient way to do this.

For example, I can set the FPS in A:M to 5 FPS and render an AVI file. I'm not sure what is in the AVI file -- is it just 5 frames of data per second of action, or is it translated to 30 frames per second for display purposes? Or is that a meaningless question.

I guess to display my animation on TV, I need to make a DVD, which requires using a DVD-making program that will input an AVI file. I'm wondering if the 5 FPS avi file I make with A:M will be interpreted correctly by the DVD-making program to create an NTSC format video that plays correctly.

Alternatively, I think I could set A:M to 30 FPS, and set the Keyframe Interpolation to "Hold", and force a keyframe 5 times a second (not sure how to do that easily).

What are all the ways to achieve a final 5 FPS product?

Regards,

-SB

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

If you want 5fps you can indeed set your Project to 5fps.

I'm surprised that AVI supports 5 fps but it does indeed store the frames that way.

I'm wondering if the 5 FPS avi file I make with A:M will be interpreted correctly by the DVD-making program to create an NTSC format video that plays correctly.

that will depend on the DVD program.

A:M can convert such file to 30 fps, i believe.

If not, QT PRo can do it.