Hash, Inc. Forums

Added Incentives!

largento

Incentives  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As you know, I'm running my Kickstarter to fund my The Wobbling Dead movie. I'm nearly halfway there, but that means I have over half to go!

As an incentive to try to persuade you to pledge, I'm offering these bonuses:

freeman.jpg

$15--Free Model!

So, in addition to a free Wobbling Dead desktop picture and a downloadable version of the film, you get the above model. He's got a basic rig in him and some basic poses for eyebrows, eyes and the mouth. You can use the existing rig, or pull it out and put in one of the available rigs.

$25--Free Model & Extra Stuff!

With this, you get the desktop picture, the downloadable version of the movie, the movie on DVD, the free model and an extras pack with things like different hairpieces, facial hair, hats, a couple of shirts and pants, etc.

$50--Free Model, Extra Stuff, & Video Tutorials!

This is the biggie! You get all the above stuff, plus your DVD will be signed, your name will appear in the credits and you'll get a series of video tutorials by me, showing how I model a character like the above!

Remember, the way Kickstarter works, you only get charged if the campaign is successful. If it fails, you won't be charged and won't receive the rewards.

Click on this link or in my sig file below to visit the Kickstarter page!

• Admin

I'll emphasize that Mark has added tutorials to the incentives... that might get missed in the reading... and those will be useful across the board.

The models are awesome and if I wasn't already a supporter I would be now.

Those 'Making of' tutorials though... those should have a broad appeal even outside the A:M Community.

Good luck Mark... I want me some tutorials!

Great looking models. :)

Thanks, Matt & Rodney!

I'll emphasize that Mark has added tutorials to the incentives... that might get missed in the reading... and those will be useful across the board.

The models are awesome and if I wasn't already a supporter I would be now.

Those 'Making of' tutorials though... those should have a broad appeal even outside the A:M Community.

Good luck Mark... I want me some tutorials!

Great looking models. :)

I don't know about them having much value outside of the A:M community, Rodney. I've never really worked with a polygon/subdivide system for modeling. Mine's purely A:M-based. My goal with it is to show a user how to create a simple, yet neat-looking character that they can then customize and use to make their own A:M projects, be it animation or web comic, etc.

Hopefully, folks will see value in them and help get The Wobbling Dead funded.

I should point out that's just the one model up there. He's just in three different poses.

• 2 weeks later...

Heading into the last day of the Kickstarter!

It could still make it, but that's going to take a lot of folks helping out.

Hope you'll consider saving this project and bringing it to wobbling life!

Don't forget about these added incentives!

Thanks to all of you who have supported this! I greatly appreciate it!

This is going to be a very long day for me.

• Admin

This was a bit of a tough choice for me... (the poll choices that is)

I chose 'share 'em with the forum' but I'd say to share with the backers first and then after an appropriate time (whatever you deem reasonable) release them outside that arena. In this way the backers have a while to feel 'special'.

The assets are valuable. If you release immediately they could (but not necessarily will) lose some of that value.

Timed release of information and resources (supply vs demand) has a long history of increasing/stablizing demand.

I suppose the trick is to not artificially inflate or deflate the value of the resource but to match the true value of the product or service under consideration.

You may want to run another kickstarter some day and if you always release immediately... why the heck support the kickstarter (for that level of support) in the first place.

I wouldn't want to back option 3 (Backers can choose to share when and how) because that would create a grey area where some hard feeling could arise such as when I share with some folks but laugh in some other folks face, dangling the resources in front of them... or selling them on the black market because everyone else has decided to keep them to themselves.

Disclaimer: I would like to be able to change my view on this subject tomorrow after greater reflection. ;)

• 1 year later...

I haven't forgotten about these. :-)

I'll be working some stuff up in the near future and make it available to the backers. I don't recall this generating any new backers, but it was worth a shot. :-)