Hash, Inc. Forums

force keyframe quirk?

sb4

I'm finding if I create a new Action window with a model, and I like the model default pose for my first and last keyframe, I can't just press "Force KeyFrame" on frame 0, move to frame xx, press "Force KeyFrame" again, and get keyframes. They just don't "take".

However, it seems if I perturb a bone once in a keyframe (such as keyframe 0), and do the same procedure as above, the keyframes are "recorded" -- meaning I can skip back and forth to the keyframes.

I typically have the filters: Key Skeletal Translations, Scaling, Rotations active and the Key Bone filter activated, and the other filters inactive, but I don't think any combination of filters has changed this behavior.

Just wondering if this is typical.

-SB

First, make sure you don't have the A button OFF.

The "A" (Animate Mode) button is pushed in.

So not a big problem, just caught me unawares -- maybe fixed in later versions... unless there is something I'm missing.

All part of the learning curve.

-SB

• Hash Fellow
I'm finding if I create a new Action window with a model, and I like the model default pose for my first and last keyframe, I can't just press "Force KeyFrame" on frame 0, move to frame xx, press "Force KeyFrame" again, and get keyframes. They just don't "take".

However, it seems if I perturb a bone once in a keyframe (such as keyframe 0), and do the same procedure as above, the keyframes are "recorded" -- meaning I can skip back and forth to the keyframes.

OK, I read this a bit closer now.

Force Keyframe, by default, will only force keyframes on things that already have a keyframe somewhere in the timeline. Holding down the SHIFT key while using Force Keyframe brings up an option window that can key EVERYTHING. This is risky to do.

Have you seen my "keyframing basics" videos. I think one of them , at least, covers that.

In the Screencams link in my signature.

OK, I read this a bit closer now.

Force Keyframe, by default, will only force keyframes on things that already have a keyframe somewhere in the timeline. Holding down the SHIFT key while using Force Keyframe brings up an option window that can key EVERYTHING. This is risky to do.

Have you seen my "keyframing basics" videos. I think one of them , at least, covers that.

In the Screencams link in my signature.

Great idea, I'll check it out. Wish there were more hours in the day to check all these great resources.

-SB