Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

keystroke to save model?

sb4

Is there a keystroke to save the model in the model window? "Ctrl-S" seems to bring up the save project dialog.

I got spoiled working with a video-editing program called "Liquid Edition", one of whose virtues was "instantaneous auto-save" (as well as vast undos). If the program crashed (rarely), you just restarted, and all your work was there. It was amazing how much good will the program bought from that one auto-save feature. Don't know how they did it, I've never used another program that did.

-SB

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin
Is there a keystroke to save the model in the model window? "Ctrl-S" seems to bring up the save project dialog.

Try saving the Model out as an external model and then try 'Ctrl-S' again.

It should save the Project (thereby saving the Model) without the dialogue property coming up.

Keep in mind that if you have your Model as part of the Project (and not as an external file) what you really are trying to do is save the Project.

So save the Model manually first then A:M will know you want it update it/save it separately each time.

The current version does have an Auto Save plugin but I don't use it enough to comment on it.

From what I've seen it works well enough.

• Hash Fellow

In v17 and probably earlier versions...

CTRL-s is tied to saving the PRJ rather than the model. It brings up the save dialog IF the project has not been previously saved with a name.

Saving an mdl needs to be done with an RMB>Save or Save As. There doesn't seem to be any option the Customize window to set a keyboard shortcut for saving a model.

Current versions of A:M have an optional backup feature that will periodically save your work every X minutes.