Hash, Inc. Forums

setting bias gamma for multiple selections

sb4

Not sure if this is possible or makes sense, but I'm working on a beveled cube example from "A:M A Complete Guide", and I made a beveled cube with straight splines by setting peaking.

Now I want to slightly round the bevel, so I want to selectively set some gammas on the bevel splines.

But first, I want to set all the alphas to zero and all the magnitudes to 100% just for uniformity.

If I "select all" with ctrl-A and then set the bias properties for all, some of the biases on the model do not change, and are still odd-ball values.

Is this supposed to work, setting all at once?

-SB

Not sure if this is possible or makes sense, but I'm working on a beveled cube example from "A:M A Complete Guide", and I made a beveled cube with straight splines by setting peaking.

Now I want to slightly round the bevel, so I want to selectively set some gammas on the bevel splines.

But first, I want to set all the alphas to zero and all the magnitudes to 100% just for uniformity.

If I "select all" with ctrl-A and then set the bias properties for all, some of the biases on the model do not change, and are still odd-ball values.

-SB

It should... be sure to set Alpha, Gamma and Magnitude!

See you

*Fuchur*

-SB

It should... be sure to set Alpha, Gamma and Magnitude!

See you

*Fuchur*

Ok, I definitely cannot get this to work, but why I don't know.

When you use ctrl-A, does it really select every cp, or just the outer boundary CPs?

-SB

• Admin

If you want to select every CP you can use the comma key to select everything on that particular spline or the slash key "/" to select every spline/CP connected to that spline.

I suppose a lot depends on what you mean by 'every'.

*** I note that you mentioned before that you had peaked all of your splines.

Note that you'll want to unpeak those splines (shortcut key O) or else you wont see all of the desired changes in the Bias for those splines. ***

If you want to select every CP you can use the comma key to select everything on that particular spline or the slash key "/" to select every spline/CP connected to that spline.

I suppose a lot depends on what you mean by 'every'.

*** I note that you mentioned before that you had peaked all of your splines.

Note that you'll want to unpeak those splines (shortcut key O) or else you wont see all of the desired changes in the Bias for those splines. ***

Thanks, maybe peaking caused the problem -- although the peaked CPs still seemed to have all the bias parameters, and I could set them one-by-one. I just couldn't seem to set them en masse -- at least not all of them, some seemed to escape notice.

By "every", I meant the "ctrl-A" command -- does it select every CP in the window?

-SB