Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

selecting CPs over a rotoscope

sb4

I am trying to shape Eddie's eyes (Hash A:M stock model) to a rotoscope photo of a face.

I select the eyes and pupil groups in the PWS (by control-clicking one after the other using my typical Windows ap habits, not sure if correct for A:M) -- a new group is created simultaneously it seems.

Anyway, then I press "H" for hide, and as desired, the wireframe except the selected eye parts are hidden.

Now I want to adjust the mesh to better represent the eyes (although there are probably better ways to go about this). My first thought was to group the pupil points and scale then down.

The problem is, I cannot seem to select CPs in the Model window -- when I click in a blank place to start dragging a selection box, instead the rotoscope is selected and gets dragged.

Is there a way I can disable selection of the rotoscope? Or a trick to doing this?

-SB

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

in the PWS, under the model, the rotoscope has a pickable switch :pick: that can be toggled.

Thanks!

One step at a time, as they say...

At first, I thought the pickable toggle wasn't working. But it was because I still had the rotoscope selected in the PWS after toggling the picker. So you can still select the Rotoscope in the PWS and select/drag the image even if the picker is disabled.

When I select the model in the PWS, then the rotoscope image is unselectable as expected, and I can lasso the CPs, etc. I guess if you select anything but the rotoscope the picker toggle takes effect.

-SB