Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

copy splines from one model window to another?

sb4

I'd like to copy a group splines from a model to another model window.

I opened the model "Eddie" in a model window and found a group called "Eyes" and selected it in the Project Workspace. Some CPs are selected in the actual model.

I use Edit | Copy and then move to a new Model Window. I use Edit | Paste and see a group appear in a new model called Model1 in the PWS, but no geometry appears in the model window.

My intent is just copy the groups that comprise the eyes so I can experiment with deforming them to match a real face in a rotoscope -- but I can't copy them it seems. Perhaps they only exist as part of other splines and so cannot be copied?

Can someone shed some light on this?

-SB

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I opened the model "Eddie" in a model window and found a group called "Eyes" and selected it in the Project Workspace. Some CPs are selected in the actual model.

I use Edit | Copy and then move to a new Model Window. I use Edit | Paste and see a group appear in a new model called Model1 in the PWS, but no geometry appears in the model window.

My intent is just copy the groups that comprise the eyes so I can experiment with deforming them to match a real face in a rotoscope -- but I can't copy them it seems. Perhaps they only exist as part of other splines and so cannot be copied?

-SB

Try to click ones in the modellingwindow on the selection of the cps and copy now.

If you just click on the group in the PWS and copy there too, A:M will only copy the group but not the content of it.

If you select the group in the PWS and click than once on the selection of CPs in the modelling-window and copy again, the geometry should be copied too.

See u

*Fuchur *

-SB

Try to click ones in the modellingwindow on the selection of the cps and copy now.

If you just click on the group in the PWS and copy there too, A:M will only copy the group but not the content of it.

If you select the group in the PWS and click than once on the selection of CPs in the modelling-window and copy again, the geometry should be copied too.

See u

*Fuchur *

It's weird. If I make my own simple model (lathe a line, etc.) and select a group of CPs and give the group a name in the PWS, I can then go back later, just select the group in the PWS (no geometry), use Edit | Copy, switch to a different model window, use Edit | Paste, and the geometry is copied successfully.

I just have no luck with Eddie's eyes, so far, even if I click on a CP after selecting the group in the PWS.

I'll keep experimenting.

-SB

-SB

See u

*Fuchur *

It's weird. If I make my own simple model (lathe a line, etc.) and select a group of CPs and give the group a name in the PWS, I can then go back later, just select the group in the PWS (no geometry), use Edit | Copy, switch to a different model window, use Edit | Paste, and the geometry is copied successfully.

I just have no luck with Eddie's eyes, so far, even if I click on a CP after selecting the group in the PWS.

I'll keep experimenting.

-SB

Ok, turns out I've been unobservant. The copying is working -- it was just off screen -- when I zoomed-to-fit, I found the copy way off to the side.

I'm still very awkward getting around and using the tools.

So, I think problem resolved, thanks for the help.

-SB