Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

mixamo?

tomross2002

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• *A:M User*

Wow, this would seriously blow through my current stumbling block. I'll still want to learn rigging for its own sake, but I don't ever see myself loving it. How long does the license last for that $90? I see they are referencing triangles, it really works with AM models?

Looking at John's comments again, this makes me think it is a web service more than something you can download and run locally.

If it is $90 a crack, that is steep, but if you only have a few characters to do I guess it is not too bad. Would be nice if it was a downloadable plug-in, but if it really works this well, who cares.

The one thing I didn't understand... seeing as rigging is an endless and ongoing process for me, is that if I wanted to make some revisions and run it thru their rigger/process again and again it would be $90 per go... my pockets aren't that deep.

Yeah, that is a pretty bitter pill to swallow. I can't imagine spending that much each time. Although doesn't it say that models less than 10k polys are done for free? Or is that only until you want to have something you can export, and they charge you then?

I have to think AM models would come out to something very low, poly wise. I didn't see AM listed as being supported, though. How did you submit your model? Was it done in another app, like Maya?

In a dream world, we would be able to upload an UNboned/UNrigged OBJ model to mixamo, let their rigger do it's thing, and then export it out from the website and into A:M with that rig intact.... and for a lot less than $90 per round.

Well, this site exports motion data as .BVH and I am pretty sure that AM supports .BVH, doesn't it? It doesn't seem like it would be too much of a stretch to get the rigging data into AM. Maybe I will shoot them an email and see what they have to say about it.

So I guess the problem is that while we can export as .OBJ, we can't get that .OBJ back into AM with valid rigging data. Right?

Right. I'm sure it's possible but someone would have to write it.

Wish I was more handy with programming stuff. Must be a way to do it with the dev kit. Are there any problems with converting .OBJ back to patches, or would you have to use the retopology tool to recreate the mesh over the .OBJ?

Gotta be a way to do this. I'm going to export my dragon as an .OBJ for giggles and see how this automated rigger handles it.

• Hash Fellow
Wish I was more handy with programming stuff. Must be a way to do it with the dev kit. Are there any problems with converting .OBJ back to patches, or would you have to use the retopology tool to recreate the mesh over the .OBJ?

Re topology means you're making a new mesh which bring you right back to the start where your mesh is not attached to any bones.

Re topology means you're making a new mesh which bring you right back to the start where your mesh is not attached to any bones.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Doesn't look like there is any way of using this with AM, then. Not any quick and easy way, anyhow.

Well, right now it is less than useless as it will let me upload an .OBJ but not actually do anything with it, keeps telling me I don't have the Unity viewer installed. I install the plugin and then I keep getting thrown into a loop that tells me to install the plugin.

Tried a different browser and this time it worked, but no preview so still can't do anything with it. Very interesting concept, but don't think it will be useful for AM, or if it was, not practical due to the $90 charge each time.