Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Registered or not registered?

RobinR

I bought AM at Wondercon last year and haven't looked at it since I installed it. Today I decided to learn a little about it. It asks me for registration info every time I start up, then gives me this error message: Unable to load plug-in [/Applications/Animation Master 16.0/Textures/Simbiont2.atx],-err-

Then it opens and I can play with everything. I went through the first video tutorial but I couldn't save anything. This makes me think I'm not really registered. I have the disc with the activation code, but I thought I put that in when I installed the program.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Robin, welcome to the forums! Coming here is definitely a good first move. Can you tell us what version you're using? That might be a good first step in figuring out the prob.

Also be aware that there are a *few* small issues with AM on the Mac. I use AM on a pc at my day job and a Mac at home so am familiar with most of these issues, but others here can tell you a lot as well.

Hi Robin, welcome to the forums! Coming here is definitely a good first move. Can you tell us what version you're using? That might be a good first step in figuring out the prob.

Also be aware that there are a *few* small issues with AM on the Mac. I use AM on a pc at my day job and a Mac at home so am familiar with most of these issues, but others here can tell you a lot as well.

Version 16.0. Thanks for replying.

• Hash Fellow

Welcome to A:M!

Temporarily, you can drag the Simbiont plugin from the "Textures" folder in your AM directory to anywhere else to prevent AM from trying to load it. I forget what the problem is with that. It's not an immediately essential plugin.

If you have v16 you downloaded an installer at some point, right?

I bought AM at Wondercon last year and haven't looked at it since I installed it. Today I decided to learn a little about it. It asks me for registration info every time I start up, then gives me this error message: Unable to load plug-in [/Applications/Animation Master 16.0/Textures/Simbiont2.atx],-err-

Then it opens and I can play with everything. I went through the first video tutorial but I couldn't save anything. This makes me think I'm not really registered. I have the disc with the activation code, but I thought I put that in when I installed the program.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

As a newbie myself, I was confused when I could not save what I was doing. In my case, it was because I chose not to copy the CD to my hard drive during install, and I believe when you drag a model like KeeKat or such into a model window and work on it, when you go to save, it thinks you want to save back to the CD and cannot.

I think I found that I need to always use "save as" and pick a place on my hard drive to save any examples from the CD first. There are recommended ways to set up your own library for "objects" you create and save.

I don't know if that is your situation though. I don't think it is a problem with registering somehow.

Regards,

-SB

Hi and welcome Robin!

If A:M is asking for your info on each launch it might be that it is unable to write to the Animation Master folder in Applications. Just in case, open a "Get Info" window for the Animation Master folder and set all the permissions at the bottom to Read & Write.

As Robert says you can remove the Simbiont2 texture plugins as the latest Mac version omits them anyway.

I got rid of Symbiont and the error message didn't come up. I was able to save a trial project. Thanks for your help.

I don't know how far I'll get in this. I haven't animated anything since a college class in which we used a film camera.

• Hash Fellow
I haven't animated anything since a college class in which we used a film camera.

If you look in the screencam tuts link in my signature you'll find a video on "Keyframing basics" that should be of help to you if you are not yet familiar with CG animation workflow.

You may want to check if A:M has access to its own folder to write to.

Do you see a master0.lic-file in the installation-folder of A:M? It may be that you need to run A:M in Administrator-mode to let A:M write to the folder, depending on your settings.

See you

*Fuchur*