Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Chor Troubles

Started trying to animate the male as the female walks away in "Why"?

It was going OK until I switched to the left view and tried to select the male shoulders to make them droop. Every time I tried it selected the other model behind so, deactivated that and went back to the male, only to find that the skeleton won't show up in the window, even if I toggle the skeleton button in the chor.

Select him in the PWS and the figure shows but not the bones. If the chor button is toggled, it selects the female in the PWS, even though it is deactivated ?

Thinking to post the problem file here, I deleted all the non relevant parts and embeded everything. Only to find that skeletal mode is greyed out altogether and the model won't select.

Something is plainly wrong. Does anybody have any suggestions ?

Thank you in advance.

regards

simon

PS

V15J OSX 10.68

Why_03.prj

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You have Ray Blox Model Bone hidden - delete that in the chor and you should be able to pick bones now (tried in 15j+ PC)

Nancy.

Magic !!!

Thank you very much indeed for that. It was winding me up so much I had to go do the food shopping to get away from the computer for a bit.

Terrific.

regards

simon

Just realized that you also have the model bone position length, and bone position rotation also changed in the chor. This is strange. They should not be there. Usually, only the translation, rotation of the model bone gets animated in the chor. You should probably delete those channels as well.

Were you ever in modeling mode while in the chor? Or had an action open at same time? That might be what caused that. Maybe you meant to go into muscle mode while in chor? (not modeling).

Modelboneposition.jpg

Just realized that you also have the model bone position length, and bone position rotation also changed in the chor. This is strange. They should not be there. Usually, only the translation, rotation of the model bone gets animated in the chor. You should probably delete those channels as well.

Were you ever in modeling mode while in the chor? Or had an action open at same time? That might be what caused that. Maybe you meant to go into muscle mode while in chor? (not modeling).

Nancy

Thank you again.

I've had to go into models every so often, to correct the wavy spline problem with the set. I forgot to mention it before but, the Y axis (?) of the Winona model bone grows in the chor as she walks away. Haven't had that before We swapped messages sometime back, about odd values appearing in bones properties but could not isolate what caused it ?

I will follow up your suggestion tomorrow as sleep calls and a render is going through now of another scene.

Thank you very much for your help.

regards

simon