Hash, Inc. Forums

Forum Announcement: 2013 Forum Archiving and Users Groups

Rodney

• Admin

This is to let everyone know that I hope to organize some of the forum posts that have drifted deep into the dark recesses of the forum where few people ever find them.

Archiving

Rather than archive old topics directly to the standard archives this year the plan is to consider more carefully whether or the subject matter fits better in another topic. For instance, an old topic about Hair that still has valid information, links and project files would fit in very nicely in the Material Lab within the forum dedicated to Hair. Topics focusing on the ins and outs of Barry Zundle's video tutorials would fit better in Barry's User Group.

Users Groups

Now here's the deal with the Users Groups...

At the bottom of the main forum you should see an Animation:Master Users Group category.

Wherever and whenever possible it is the forum's goal to promote full access to all information in the forum.

There may be times when a specific forum moderator or Hash Inc desires some level of privacy beyond granting full access to everyone.

For instance, you may want to perfect some collaborative project before releasing it to the general public.

If you wish to start your own A:M Users Group... let us know and we'll get you set up!

Access

Again, the goal is to promote full access to information that will help you create your projects with A:M.

If for any reason you feel you should have access to any area of the forum (and you don't) please contact the moderator of the forum you wish to access or me... and we'll see that you get the proper access.

Each Users Group should have a public area were everyone can post so you can post there and request access as well.

In cases where information is being worked on behind the scenes for eventual release a password may be all that is required to gain access.

2013 is going to be a great year and we don't want anyone to feel left out!

Thanks!

Rodney

• Admin
I like the idea that old topics can come back rather than being locked.

If you see any of the old archives that are locked/read only let me know and I'll adjust them.

If the important topics can be bumped back up (or commented on) that'll save me a lot of time finding them. ;)