Hash, Inc. Forums

Morphing Rig

Ilidrake

A thought occured to me. AM has been using the same ol' yellow fella forever now. I'm just curious would it be possible to create a morphing rig? One that could be rigged to change shape and apperance. Fat, skinny, tall, short....change eyes colors, hair styles (helmet hair)...something like that.

A thought occured to me. AM has been using the same ol' yellow fella forever now. I'm just curious would it be possible to create a morphing rig? One that could be rigged to change shape and apperance. Fat, skinny, tall, short....change eyes colors, hair styles (helmet hair)...something like that.

Yes.

As far as dimensions, the Squetch Rig can already do some of that. Also, there have been characters built with pose sliders to make several characters from one....I think for TWO.

• Hash Fellow

Yes, for TWO we had a character for crowds that could be varied in many ways and would even pick random variations on it's own when it was dropped in the chor.

However, outside of populating crowds in a background this isn't highly useful. In animation we tend to need characters who look VERY different from each other rather than somewhat different.

The Three Little Pigs and the Seven Dwarfs and the herd of elephants in Jungle Book are examples of important characters that DO look very similar but there aren't a lot of other successful examples i can think of.