Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

A:M for Mac or PC?

Vestudio

Hi, I'm trying to get my work to buy A:M, we are a training centre for children and i knew about Animation master years a go from the media place i used to work in. I loved it!, think it is fantastic for kids as well.

We have PCs and Macs available, I downloaded the trial version for the PC windows 7 but have had a few crashes with it and the display seems to go off sometimes.

I would like to trial it on the Mac but i don't think thats possible, i have 8 days left of trial on the PC.

My question is, is it better running on the Mac rather than on the PC?

If i can convince my work to buy it do i have to choose which platform to buy or can it be used on both?

Thanks

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I'm trying to get my work to buy A:M, we are a training centre for children and i knew about Animation master years a go from the media place i used to work in. I loved it!, think it is fantastic for kids as well.

We have PCs and Macs available, I downloaded the trial version for the PC windows 7 but have had a few crashes with it and the display seems to go off sometimes.

I would like to trial it on the Mac but i don't think thats possible, i have 8 days left of trial on the PC.

My question is, is it better running on the Mac rather than on the PC?

If i can convince my work to buy it do i have to choose which platform to buy or can it be used on both?

Thanks

It can be used on both, but a licence will stay with the computer you have it installed on.

Today I think it does not matter that much if you are running it on a Mac or a Windows-computer but a few years back it was better running on the PC.

(if you can repeat the crash, please let us know about it! > http://www.hash.com/reports)

In general I experience very few problems these days... but if you've got one report it with a detailed description abd it will get solved in a few days.

See you

*Fuchur*

• Hash Fellow

I believe Hash still has an educational license package that may be advantageous to you. Contact Hash directly for what the details are on that.

Without knowing more about the crashes it's hard to say what the problem might be. Crashes are exceedingly rare for me, but I'm on a computer that only i use and that i know has the appropriate updates. A classroom computer that many people have an opportunity to modify (unawares even) is a trickier situation.

Random crashes for no apparent reason tend to be a problem with graphics card drivers.

• Hash Fellow

One of our Mac users notes that A:M on the Mac works well, but you have to give each button press a moment to register.

I recommend you go with an annual license so you can always be updated. The never-ending license does not include perpetual updates.

One of our Mac users notes that A:M on the Mac works well, but you have to give each button press a moment to register...

I haven't noticed that now since maybe v14 or v15 and even then that "moment" was very, very brief. As for stability now in v17 I don't think A:M has crashed on me.

Now the only major difference is not all the plugins work on Macs. The big one being Fast Ambient Occlusion that's still only for Windows.