Hash, Inc. Forums

Constraint loss ?

Simon Edmondson

I've spent some time getting the fourth shot of the current short animated. At the beginning I constrained the flowers o the hand of the male character and that held all the way through. I was just going through and setting the pose sliders for the facial features when I noticed that the flowers were no longer constrained to the hand.

Checked the settings under properties but they hadn't changed,but the flowers were no longer in the hand.

One anomaly I have noticed is that a W value seems to have crept in to the rotate properties ? Not noticed that before? X, Y, Z I now start to understand but W ? Has anyone else experienced this and, if so, how did you fix it ?

Any help gratefully received.

regards

simon

constraint_loss.jpg

V15j. OSX 10.68

Constraint_loss.prj

• Hash Fellow

I'll try to get a look at teh PRj later.

W is one component of Quaternion rotation, normal for A:M.

I have a brief video that probably doesn't answer all you need to know about it...

You can change the default Quat interpolation to Euler or Vector by RMBing on the transform>rotation in the properties.

I'll try to get a look at teh PRj later.

W is one component of Quaternion rotation, normal for A:M.

I have a brief video that probably doesn't answer all you need to know about it...

You can change the default Quat interpolation to Euler or Vector by RMBing on the transform>rotation in the properties.

Robert

Thank you very much for your offer of help. Much appreciated. I'm not at all sure what happened to cause the problem. I hadn't selected the flowers at all while adjusting the pose sliders, which is when the problem arose. Or at least, when I noticed it.

regards

simon

I've just reset the constraints and they seem to be working as intended now but I am still keen to know why the problem occurred, so I can try to avoid it in future. Thank you.