Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

keyframe reset?

sb4

I'm wondering: when you are editing around in an animation and tweaking key frames, is there a way to "reset" a keyframe to the state it was in when you visit it and before you move off it?

I'm aware of undo, but with subtle changes it seems it would be hard to tell when you get to the exact point you started, and maybe you would overshoot and undo something else you didn't want to.

I suppose you could save project at each keyframe and reload it if necessary; seems cumbersome though.

-SB

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Short answer, no.

Somehow A:M would have to have to be storing a keyframe unchanged even after you change it.

For how long? A keyframe on a character might involve many bones. At what point does the software decide that "the way it is now" is the the thing it needs to save that you might want to come back to? I don't see a practical way to do that.

I do save many many versions of my work as I progress. in a desperate pinch it is possible to reload an old chor, copy a keyframe from it and paste it onto the new chor.