Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Use Dynamic constraint ?

Animating a walk were the figure is carry some flowers. I'd like the flowers to have some secondary movement to the hand and arm carrying them.

What would be the best way to do that ?

At the moment the flowers are separate from the figure.

Should they part of the figure model or constrain them to the model in the chor. Or another method altogether ?

regards

simon

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
Animating a walk were the figure is carry some flowers. I'd like the flowers to have some secondary movement to the hand and arm carrying them.

What would be the best way to do that ?

At the moment the flowers are separate from the figure.

Should they part of the figure model or constrain them to the model in the chor. Or another method altogether ?

regards

simon

can you show shot of it?

I would try the DC first and see how you like it. 1 by 1, click on the end bone of each of the pedals and choose DC. Loosen the constraint settings from 50% down to about 12%. Then do the same for the top bone on the stem... let it play and see what you get!

I would try the DC first and see how you like it. 1 by 1, click on the end bone of each of the pedals and choose DC. Loosen the constraint settings from 50% down to about 12%. Then do the same for the top bone on the stem... let it play and see what you get!

Mat

Thank you very much for your help.

I tried to implement your suggestions, with the following file.

Flowers.mov

It took a while to sort of understand what was happening and it may need further work.

Sleep calls for now though.

regards

simon

I really like that walk ......

Thank you Mike.

I was trying for the "Double Bounce" walk in the Richard Williams book, "The Animator's Survival Kit". I tried it on 12's first but, it was just so fast it looked like he was pogoing. Extended it to 16's for the basic steps then offset the arm swings in the PWS.

regards

simon