You know it's cold when...

Roger

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did a year in Illinois, 79-80, and remember that when the temp got to 0 celsius, after three months of sub zero. I was walking around with my coat open thinking it was warm. They told us at the time that it was the mildest winter they had had for five years. Its cold here now, but not that cold !

I did a year in Illinois, 79-80, and remember that when the temp got to 0 celsius, after three months of sub zero. I was walking around with my coat open thinking it was warm. They told us at the time that it was the mildest winter they had had for five years. Its cold here now, but not that cold !

• *A:M User*

Yeah...so I drove up to work today, roll the window down to get my parking receipt, and the damn window stays stuck in the down position and no amount of cajoling will get it rolled up. So I had to drive back home with the driver's side window down. Good times. Felt a little bit like Steve Martin and John Candy in Planes, Trains & Automobiles.

car.jpeg

I take comfort in the fact that global warming is on the way. :)

Illinois is cold right now but luckily I work about five minutes away from home.

Yeah, but then we get to live in a desert.

• Hash Fellow

I'm always reminded of a story we read in Jr. High called "A Pail of Air" where the Earth has been ripped from the Sun and everything has frozen over but there's one family left alive that survives by going out to scoop up oxygen slush to replenish their air supply in their pressure-sealed apartment.

Yes, that was life in Minnesota in the 60's.

Now it's so warm they hardly get snow cover in the winter and the lake in our town that used to be great for sailing is so dried out you can wade across it in the summer.

All perfectly, perfectly normal, of course.

It's so cold out... I saw a teenage boy with his pants pulled-UP! SO COLD... I saw a Democrat with his hands in his OWN pockets!

Seriously, though--- my house hates the Xtreme cold... last night I had a fire going in the woodburner... which gave the boiler(baseboard heat) the night off... which meant this morning I woke up to frozen heat pipes! If the ice in the pipes expands it causes burst pipes... and Dawn and I are off on a weeklong trip tomorrow. Might come home to a flooded house...

We had some below 0 days this week in Wisconsin my Mazda stick shift was fun to shift until it warmed up oh its fun bringing in the morning paper when its 6 below but I has my slippers on so my toes weren't cold

Robcat, you are a hardy soul. You couldn't pay me to live in Minnesota in the winter. We had a couple days last year where it was 40 below and that is just too damn cold.