Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

grooming button grey

I want to groom hair on a model and i went to "new"- "pose"-" percentage" in the modeling window, then I go to "view"" toolbars" and check "grooming" and close. The box appears when I check the box but when I close the window it disappears. I just downloaded the new version after not working with the software for a while and am a little rusty so Im not sure what my problem is, but I didnt see any other posts about it so it might just be me, any help would be appreciated

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Richerd you dont need a pose to groom hair you just need the matt file on your model and turn hair on in the render window in tools then hit the grooming mode Welcom back long time no see

oh it helps to turn the density down to say 2 while grooming

The grooming mode botton is grayed out and doesnt work, the hair is visable in the modeling window, so hair is on, and the hair is turned on in the tools , render window, I have a key strock , shortcut set for the grooming but it just makes a dink noise when I hit it, like i was saying before, the toolbar comes up when i check the box in"view" "toolbars" "grooming" but goes away as soon as I close the box. I dont know its got me stumped

• Hash Fellow
I want to groom hair on a model and i went to "new"- "pose"-" percentage" in the modeling window, then I go to "view"" toolbars" and check "grooming" and close. The box appears when I check the box but when I close the window it disappears. I just downloaded the new version after not working with the software for a while and am a little rusty so Im not sure what my problem is, but I didnt see any other posts about it so it might just be me, any help would be appreciated

You don't need to turn on the Grooming toolbar, the grooming tools become visible when you turn on Grooming mode (in either a model or pose).

It's the thing that looks like a hairy rock, between Bones mode and Muscle mode.

Ithink it is a software problem. that little hairy rock is grayed out and dosnt do anything, also as i was messing with hair in materials, I turned the grooming toolbar on , and it stayed on, but was grayed out, as soon as i went back to the model, it diappeared again, so Its not acting like normal

• Hash Fellow
Ithink it is a software problem. that little hairy rock is grayed out and dosnt do anything, also as i was messing with hair in materials, I turned the grooming toolbar on , and it stayed on, but was grayed out, as soon as i went back to the model, it diappeared again, so Its not acting like normal

Try Help>Reset all settings.

Reset eveything. still no luck with the grayed out mode buttons, Ill have to go back to the old AM software and see if that is still works like i remember it did and if is just me, Thank you guys for the the help

So I went back to the old AM software, and it works fine, no grayed out buttons, I guess time for reinstall, not sure how that works with the new down load method

• Hash Fellow
So I went back to the old AM software, and it works fine, no grayed out buttons, I guess time for reinstall, not sure how that works with the new down load method

uninstall and run the installer you downloaded or download whatever is current. (save the master0.lic file somewhere temporarily, then copy it back in after you reinstall)

Thanks Rodney, it must be old hair because, when I opened the Wookie, the hair tools where there and working correctly,

I got the hair that I put on my new model from the hash library in the newest animation master, you would think that is the new hair, but mybe not, anyway it looks like Im on the right track

Thank you again

• Admin

I can see where the two different types of hair can be confusing.

Truth to tell... we haven't ran into this problem that I can recall so... it's good that we've stumbled upon this issue.

The older type hair isn't used as much but still can be used in current releases of A:M.

Creating the old type hair requires either grabbing it from a model or library or using the Shift key when creating the Hair material.

Of course the new type hair is also great for feathers, grass and a variety of other effects.

oldVSnewHair.jpg

• Admin
You can braid the old Shag? I did not know that.

Yes, indeed. IMO it's the primary thing that makes the old hair worth keeping.

There are rotate manipulators that appear to allow you to twist the the hair around the main axis of the hair.

Edit: Exploration of Old Style Hair Lock now in new topic: HERE.