Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Planet Earth model needed

Gerry

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerry,

I did several versions of Earth, along with a complete (nearly) solar system project too.

I am posting the version of Earth here with 2k maps. Color maps for each month of the year. Single displacement, bump, etc.

This is what it looks like, still and rotation.

Render_Earth_2k_01_Frame02.jpgRotate_640_Lossless_1.mp4

Let me know if you need higher resolution maps, mine go all the way to 8,000 x 8,000 pixels! :yay:

They were pulled from NASA's Blue Marble project... check the readme in the Zip file.

Jody

Project_Earth__V13_2k_maps_.zip

Wow. Jody's are the BOMB! Everyone eventually needs a globe model... I'd advise grabbing that for your collection. THANKS JODY!

John,

Thanks for that! *Blushes* :wub:

I have the entire solar system modeled as well. Including scale accurate orbits, most of the satellites around the larger planets as well. I also modeled a large rotational indicator arrow.

The Earth model included in this package has only 1k maps, but still good enough for a lot of stuff.

Here's a quick preview fly through. Pluto jitters a bit due to precision errors I believe. I rendered a test image in V17.0e and the render as lines precision on the orbits is still funky and they render VERY thick when you get close, even when the line width is turned WAY down.

Sol_Flythru.mov

Here is the project all zipped up for your convenience.

Sol_System_Project___Files.zip

Wow. Jody's are the BOMB! Everyone eventually needs a globe model... I'd advise grabbing that for your collection. THANKS JODY!

John,

Thanks for that! *Blushes* :wub:

I have the entire solar system modeled as well. Including scale accurate orbits, most of the satellites around the larger planets as well. I also modeled a large rotational indicator arrow.

The Earth model included in this package has only 1k maps, but still good enough for a lot of stuff.

Here's a quick preview fly through. Pluto jitters a bit due to precision errors I believe. I rendered a test image in V17.0e and the render as lines precision on the orbits is still funky and they render VERY thick when you get close, even when the line width is turned WAY down.

Sol_Flythru.mov

Here is the project all zipped up for your convenience.

Sol_System_Project___Files.zip

Thanks, that's very generous of you.

• 2 months later...