Hash, Inc. Forums

Santa drawing (1987)

agep

I kind of missed the deadline here, but I didn't get back to my computer before the end of the Christmas holiday visiting my parents. So this ugly thing has been decorating my grandma's Christmas tree for the past 25 years. I drew this thing when I was five years old. I bet that if it could talk it would probably whisper something in the lines of "please kill me...."

Anyway, just for the fun of it I had it scanned, made a simple model for it in A:M and added the decal. Also added a simple rig and made it move for a few seconds.

It would be fun to collect all sorts of children's Christmas drawing and make an small animation out of it, guess I have to search my parents attic before next Christmas

I hope I don't give you any nightmares :lol:

julenisse_walk_720p.mp4

julenisse_agepbiz_000.jpg

• Admin
That's cool wounder if you can do a south park style like that.

The late great Paul Forwood did exactly that: South Park style

(although he bypassed the drawings and used 2D objects in A:M)

He then went on to add more of the characters and test some animation with them:

South Park style animated

I finally got to see this, nice work Stian! I often check the forum on my iPad, but I can't play any of the videos! Finally remembered to check it out on a "real" computer!

Also, nice test on the Minute Maid commercial, Matt!

Thanks guys!

Reminded me of a test I had made in the mid 1990's for a Minute Maid spot that never happened...
Wow, great stuff John. Funny to think it is almost 20 years old

I finally got to see this, nice work Stian! I often check the forum on my iPad, but I can't play any of the videos! Finally remembered to check it out on a "real" computer!
Huh, I thought h.264 in mp4 was naitive format for the iPad? I don't have one, so I doin't know though

My mom showed this to my grandmother. She really enjoyed it, and was impressed that something like this even was possible :) My mom had to play it ten times or so for her. haha