Hash, Inc. Forums

FBX export

dyrwoolf

Hi, Im new to A:M. Infact i havent started yet. I have some experience with other programs, Autodesk and 3D coat. I want to make a Unity game and wounder it that is possible with A:M?

All the post ive searched seams to look like its no way to export from A:M to fbx? Is this so, and is this going to be implemented in the future?

This is really importent for me to know before i go any futher with A:M.

Sins

Dyrwoolf

Hi, Im new to A:M. Infact i havent started yet. I have some experience with other programs, Autodesk and 3D coat. I want to make a Unity game and wounder it that is possible with A:M?

All the post ive searched seams to look like its no way to export from A:M to fbx? Is this so, and is this going to be implemented in the future?

This is really importent for me to know before i go any futher with A:M.

Sins

Dyrwoolf

Till now there is no direct export-way from A:M2FBX, but I have found an very easy and inexpensive way to get data from A:M2FBX / A:M2Unity. Please have a look at my signature.

There is a quite easy workflow to go from A:M to FBX. (I even do it to get data to unity3d).

See you

*Fuchur*

Till now there is no direct export-way from A:M2FBX, but I have found an very easy and inexpensive way to get data from A:M2FBX / A:M2Unity. Please have a look at my signature.

There is a quite easy workflow to go from A:M to FBX. (I even do it to get data to unity3d).

See you

*Fuchur*

Thx for Your fast replie Fuchur.

I've seen Your video. But it demands to buy a new software for almost the same amount as A:M.

So my question is if this is going to get implemented to A:M in the near future?

It would be very good, bebcaus this progeam looks like the easiest program to learn. And it seams to have a loot of nice features.

See you

*Fuchur*

Thx for Your fast replie Fuchur.

I've seen Your video. But it demands to buy a new software for almost the same amount as A:M.

So my question is if this is going to get implemented to A:M in the near future?

It would be very good, bebcaus this progeam looks like the easiest program to learn. And it seams to have a loot of nice features.

Hi,

no problem :).

I am not sure if it will get implemented in the near future (there is a feature request and it is not exactly clear what gets done and how fast... sometimes a feature-request is done in a very short time, sometimes it really takes many month and more... we just dont know)...

But in the end the software you need to buy is available for $50 (you dont need the Pro version... SE is enough) with A:M for $79.

So all together for $130 you get A:M and Unwrap3d... that is not really very expensive for a 3d-software.

But who knows, maybe we get an export from A:M2FBX too.

See you

*Fuchur*

Sounds like a great idea.

If someone could test it....

Not the best idea if u want to use it with a gameengine in some cases... you need joints and bones for that at least when using rigged body /ragdoll-simulations... to get bones/joints you need to use the directx export and convert the resulting file to whatever you need...

*Fuchur

• Admin

We have several users who have been involved in game development with various game engines.

Caleb Gunby (aka totlover) put out the word that since he's been using Unity 3D a lot he's open to Q&A on the workflow to get there via A:M:

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41238

He's a fan of Ultimate Unwrap 3D (http://www.unwrap3d.com/u3d/index.aspx)

I believe he's been involved with creating at least two games in the past year; a Turtle Platformer Game and Office Bowling.

Turtle Platformer Info

Office Bowling Info

Bruce Monahan created 'Izzy the Busy Squirrel' by going the Direct X route through the Chris Roy's AMText plugin and other plugins.

Izzy the Busy Squirrel Info

• Admin

This may be old news but Cronos (aka Luis Enrique Braga) was making game assets with the AMtex plugin for use with DarlBasic Professional (which is reportedly free):

DarkBasicPro (Download Link):

http://www.thegamecreators.com link to DarkBasicPro Download

He posted some of his work (and a lot of resource links) HERE.