Hash, Inc. Forums

Character Models - Latimer

Ilidrake

I've been working on jump animations with Robcat. And I have learned a lot!!! One thing I learned was that the rig I had installed in my main character just wasn't cutting it. There were some issues with the main body bone and the IK bones for the feet. And the more and more I used the rig the more and more I learned to hate these issues. Yes, I could work with them but it really made things a pain.

The other thing it brought to light was that I just didn't like the look of the character. The head is fine and is exactly how I want it. The body? NO! So I changed it. I modified the mesh to look more in line with what I envisioned. It required a complete re-rigging but it was really worth it. So without further ado here is a render of the new modeled body, posed with a much better rig.

New_Latimer0.jpg

I will be thinning the arms down a bit more. I have mainly concentrated on getting rid of the stupid looking coat and fixing the legs and the rig. I will be able to thin the upper torso down quite a bit now that the majority of the weighting is finished.