Hash, Inc. Forums

Subject 99 on hiatus

ernesttx

Hey Rodney, I'll be putting Subject 99 on hiatus for a while. In the next couple of months, I'll be buying my land to build my studio. So, in essence, I won't have much time in the foreseeable future to put forth on production. I appreciate your time and effort on this forum for me. So, if you need to archive it or take it off line, then that is fine. Thanks again.

Ernest

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks, Dpendleton77. I plan too. At the moment, I am in the process of building my studio; so, all my time is taken up working other job and building. Soon, though, I hope to have everything done in a couple of months. :)

• 2 months later...

Small update:

Land purchased and paid for. Small cabin studio built and paid for. Probably a month away from getting electricity up and running. Roughing it at the moment but all is good. 2014 should be a great year to start again. :)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To get the utility pole run and placed on the property was 2149. Additional materials (wire, circuit box, breakers, conduit, etc) was about 350 and then a bit to the electrician - all in all about 2700 total.

Grand total so far (including land purchase, studio cabin, electricity, fees, permits, surveying fees, etc), I'm sitting close to around 27,000.00 investment in the future after about 1.5 years.

• 1 month later...

The studio is setup now. The only remaining thing is water; but, I can survive without for now. I actually fired up the computer last night and made sure all the software and stuff was still working and install updates from last 6 to 8 months.

I'll also be clearing the rest of the land to be able to do video shoots and whatnot on it in the future. Still need to get the interwebs out there.

Still working at regular job and will end that sometime this year. But, basically, the studio is open for business again!

It's not so much going off the grid as it's more of getting out of the rat race. Or rather, being able to choose which rat race I wish to be involved in. I'm at a point in my life where I want to pause for a moment and chart out the next chapters of life. And I wanted to be able to do that without having to worry too much about certain things. Things like mortgage, or rent, lots of bills, debt, and doing work for a company that isn't relating to my interests. To me, those things tend to take away my energy and time that I would rather put towards creative efforts.

So, in the near future, I'll be able to have more time to pursue animating, creating films, creating music, and maybe even getting back on a stage and acting again. But, this time, I won't have the 40-hour corporate job, the brain draining "I have a presentation about the automotive industry tomorrow and need to finish up the slideshow" thoughts in my head, or the "oh, I just had a great story idea, but I can't start thinking about it now, because I have to be up at 6 in the morning for that meeting in the office" thoughts. I'll have more time to network with other creative people and have time to really work on ideas, write, collaborate on music and finish up a life's long trickle of ideas scribble in notebooks over the past 30 years.

Basically, I've set myself up in a world where I'm not working to exist; I'll be living to do my work. It's a comforting feeling (to me at least) in moving from a life where I had to depend on a high yearly salary to "make it"; to a life where I can thrive on about a month's worth of money that I make now.

I am so looking forward to this adventure, my friends. Life is good, go live in it.

EDIT: Funny that just after writing this, I checked on yahoo.com and found this link - https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/advisor/7-t...-175823605.html

I'm at a point in my life where I want to pause for a moment and chart out the next chapters of life. And I wanted to be able to do that without having to worry too much about certain things. Things like mortgage, or rent, lots of bills, debt, and doing work for a company that isn't relating to my interests. To me, those things tend to take away my energy and time that I would rather put towards creative efforts.

I am so looking forward to this adventure, my friends. Life is good, go live in it.

I also made that decision when I was 50 and have never regretted it. I learned to scale way back in expenditures, and learned what was essential for living.

I found STUFF does not make me happy (usually the opposite)...but having new EXPERIENCES fill me with great joy.