Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Kickstarter, you complete me

Roger

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Enlightenment era one of the arguments against democracy was that the common people might vote for crazy stuff.

Without wishing to spark a flame out. They do on a regular basis. Generally and often specifically.

A feature of by elections here in the UK was a group called "The Monster Raving Loony Party", founded by a musician called Screaming Lord Sutch who stood against the serving prime minister ( Harold Wilson ) in the 60's. A level of the dissatisfaction with the mainstream can be gauged by the fact that they occasionally polled more than some of the regular partie's.

simon

• *A:M User*
In the Enlightenment era one of the arguments against democracy was that the common people might vote for crazy stuff.

Without wishing to spark a flame out. They do on a regular basis. Generally and often specifically.

A feature of by elections here in the UK was a group called "The Monster Raving Loony Party", founded by a musician called Screaming Lord Sutch who stood against the serving prime minister ( Harold Wilson ) in the 60's. A level of the dissatisfaction with the mainstream can be gauged by the fact that they occasionally polled more than some of the regular partie's.

simon

Well, this is what blew my mind and caused me to post the "what's the deal with zombies" thread. There was something on Discovery or TLC (probably TLC, they seem to have gone most off the rails as to their original demographic) about how people should cope with an actual zombie apocalypse. The medical professionals they interviewed were all very "wink wink/nudg nudge - well, this is how it might happen" but then they started talking to the survivalist folks who were talking about how they had set up sniper nests in their home and other fortified points, without any trace of humor or irony. The entire time I'm thinking "wow, these people are a few cards short of a deck. And they vote".

Another group of survivalists or militia or something, someone asked them "could you shoot an infected 5 year old in the face to prevent them infecting your group?"

I almost expect there to be some sort of mass hysteria at some point triggered by this nonsense.

Another group of survivalists or militia or something, someone asked them "could you shoot an infected 5 year old in the face to prevent them infecting your group?"

I almost expect there to be some sort of mass hysteria at some point triggered by this nonsense.

Roger

Two amusing side notes to Lord Sutch was that the policies he ran on initially ( regarded as outrageous at the time ) later became mainstream and the MRLP spawned several factional divisions...

Have you ever seen the Monty Python sketch about the various political parties on election night ? standing for the "Silly Party", "Very Silly Party" and the "Very, Very, SillyParty" etc etc ?

Best get back to work.

simon

• *A:M User*

Roger

Two amusing side notes to Lord Sutch was that the policies he ran on initially ( regarded as outrageous at the time ) later became mainstream and the MRLP spawned several factional divisions...

Have you ever seen the Monty Python sketch about the various political parties on election night ? standing for the "Silly Party", "Very Silly Party" and the "Very, Very, SillyParty" etc etc ?

Best get back to work.

simon

I think I recall the sketch you're talking about, but I don't remember it word for word.