Hash, Inc. Forums

Rear Window LHOOQ

Bruce Del Porte

It has been a while since I made a complete micromovie. Let me say, doing a study of Alfred Hitchcock's directing through one of his masterpieces has been a great learning experience. I had a great time doing this project. I was determined to finish by year's end and I made it with a week to spare!

Keeping true to the "One-Man-One-Computer" ethos, I used a number of the public models very much to the improvement the piece. Let me give special kudos to the builders of the "Rear Window" set. It is a wonderful miniverse. The set looks great from long shots to extreme close-ups. Bravo and thank you to the organizers and contributors to the 2012 Forum Project.

[vimeo]56387204[/vimeo]

Rear Window LHOOQ 2012

Note: I guess depending on your internet speed, Vimeo gets a little balkie. Let the load get ahead or scroll back for best results.

Thanks guys for your kind words. I had a lot of fun doing the piece.

Hitchcock is on of those film makers that is almost a genre by himself. There is a lot of academic analysis of his film making available and doing a study adds a lot of interesting tricks to the tool box that are applicable to animation.

• 1 month later...

Of course I couldn't leave well enough alone. Colorado Springs host an international film festival each summer and have a category for local film makers. I took a flyer and have entered this as a short. Based on some feedback, I added a short scene and tightened up the ending but still basically the same movie. I'll have most of the spring to give it another scrub. This is my submission tweak.

[vimeo]59510498[/vimeo]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...