Hash, Inc. Forums

windows 8

Ilidrake

• 3 months later...

I have one win 8 machine -------its really sad how hard they make it to find the things you feel comfortable with before. I hope they come out with a 8.1 where you can ditch metro front screen all together. If you do not have a touch screen its pretty lame anyhow.

I'm sort of sorry i switch to window 8, only because I lost my use of Hash animation master program, which Fuchur is going to address. Otherwise I think window 8 is a champ as for a system. I have been able to manage leaking memory real well. its faster booting up. window 8 CD burner works good without using another product program. However my powerdvd player is not working and need to update it. and I also need to update wondershare video converter to window 8. So I found few things not supported by window 8. window 8 was a few buck more than window 7, so I made the big jump. If I had window 7 I would have stayed, and wait for the next one. I use task manager quite a bit to find out what program running in the background that I could kill to expand memory for 3D stuff. switching from square boxes to desktop makes it hard to keep track of running program. I don't see a quit switch for anything I activate in the square room screen.

All in all for you 3D guru, you'll have a better time with your learning curve to get use to it than the average Joe at home. My sister hates window 8! Even though she was able to teach me a few things in that week time. Compared to winXP64, memory issue is totally resolved with window 8! I bought a new program from smithmicro that no longer support winXP, so that's why I upgraded. A real test would be to see how big of a file in hash animation could it handle? 10 years ago everything seems to be so dot matrix sketching to what we can do today!

BTW this would be my 10th year anniversary of using Hash AM!