Hash, Inc. Forums

The Wobbling Dead

largento

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Robert!

I'm uploading the data file to the DVD replicators right this very moment! (I've actually been trying all day, but that's another story for another day!)

I watched it for the first time on my TV last night and noticed a couple of wonky shots I had to fix. One was a shot that hadn't been adjusted for the 16:9 and the other had a weird rendering glitch. I didn't have time to explore it fully, but for some reason the audio timeline was up several places in the timeline, rather than at zero and my lip-synching was causing some kind of glitch. I just lassoed all the key frames and shoved them up a little and that fixed it.

It seems like it's taking forever to upload this file. Hoping that with everything in hand tomorrow AM, these guys will be able to get my discs made in time. Since it's not a 1K copy order, they aren't making a glass master and are just creating duplicates rather than replicating. It's supposed to take less time that way.

They had me save it in a DDP format, which I'm a bit wary of. There must be potential problems, because I had to sign a waiver before I could upload it. Fingers are crossed. It's a race now to get them done by the Comic Con.

I wish I could say something about how it feels to have it done, but it doesn't feel like it is done yet. Maybe after the DVDs are in my hands and are real...

Thanks Rodney & Kat!

Kat, they have places that will make copies of your DVD and print the covers, discs, etc. They use two processes. For Stalled Trek, since I ordered 1K of them, they did replication, where they make a glass master of the disc and that's used to manufacture the discs. For small orders, like The Wobbling Dead (150 copies), they just use blank DVD-Rs and duplicate the master onto those discs. The first way is the more reliable way, but it locks you into ordering at least 1K discs.

I've used two places so far:

Discmakers

Nationwide Discs

My reason for switching was that Nationwide Disc is local, so I could pick up the discs and not worry that they wouldn't get here in time for the convention.

So, with The Wobbling Dead in the can (or case), what's next?

I think I know, but I'm not ready to announce it officially yet. :-)

• Admin
So, with The Wobbling Dead in the can (or case), what's next?

I think I know, but I'm not ready to announce it officially yet. :-)

Curse you animators and your mastery of the principle of anticipation!!!

I haven't even seen 'The Wobbling Dead' yet and already I'm looking forward to your next project. :)

• Admin
Your dancing zombie is pretty memorable, Rodney. :-)

Everyone dreams of fame and how could I be any exception.

I just never knew for me it would be as a dancing... cg... puppet... zombie. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Hash Fellow

I have now seen the first season of "The Walking Dead"

I look forward to seeing "The Wobbling Dead" and will indeed be impressed that you have been able to make something amusing out of this. :o

• 3 weeks later...

My DVD showed up a week ago this past Thursday. I didn't get a chance to watch it until a week ago yesterday and it's taken me until now to actually find a chance to post what I thought...

LOVED IT!!!! My kids and nephews loved it too! My youngest son kept talking about how funny you are and how it mimicked season one of TWD just right.

Everyone agree's that you need to do follow up seasons! :-) Of course, I know how hard it is to pull off just this one season! :-) Anyways, I'm now thinking of doing my own puppet parody animation. We'll have to see if that actually happens as I've got several other ideas in motion already.

Good work, as always, and I'm already looking forward to your next!

Awesome! Thanks, Curtis!

I'm really glad you the kids liked it!

There are definitely things that make me want to do other seasons of TWD, but I'd have to see a lot more interest.

• 2 weeks later...

I almost forgot to give my opinion about it ;)... good that Vong did post about it...

It really was fun :). I loved the humor and the puppet like animation does work here very well :).

Really good job Mark!

• 4 weeks later...