Hash, Inc. Forums

A:M Demo Reel video...

rusty

Hi,

I'm trying to persuade some people into getting A:M. I remember a video that demonstrated A:M; it gave an overview of the software, it showed how intuitive it was, showed how you can just drag/drop an image onto a model, showed examples of people's work.

Does anyone know where this can be found?

Thanks,

Rusty

Hi,

I'm trying to persuade some people into getting A:M. I remember a video that demonstrated A:M; it gave an overview of the software, it showed how intuitive it was, showed how you can just drag/drop an image onto a model, showed examples of people's work.

Does anyone know where this can be found?

Thanks,

Rusty

i do remember this, wasnt it was the opening for the website i believe. i would think in archives i remember showing it to a few buddies of mine on the road and they were very interested in it.

That is one heck of a beautiful website you have there and the fantastic is lovely to boot. I really love the presentation and the story as a whole.

If you're talking about me, thanks for the kind words.

r

• Admin
Someone should probably add to the growing list of AM projects, an updated demo reel of the software!

Believe it or not, folks are working on it/them. :)

Greg's demo could easily be broken down and used as an example for future 'community demos'.

The basic breakdown:

- Show a couple hundred images to illustrate what has been created with A:M.

- Short demo of basic process in modeling, texturing and animation.

- More extensive look into the process of creating a project.

- Wrap up and Credits

A variation on this in the past has been to start off with short animated sequences at the beginning of the video and then exit the intro by presenting lots of still imagery in rapid succession. Other videos then move on to demonstrate how those things get created in A:M.

This may be what the forum's Virtual Studio will focus on as it can look back at previous demonstrations and presentations and examine what works well with them even as it endeavors to move forward by illustrating what is currently being created with A:M. The Community Projects then showcase how collaborate works come together as well.

An interesting thing is going on here in that when many of the classic demos were created we didn't have the bandwidth that we enjoy now so some folks could not take advantage of those demos. I recall that I had to forgo watching them because it was just too difficult to download them on a dial up modem. While file size and streaming rates should be carefully considered we don't have that bandwidth problem these days.

I noticed that he has 2 TAK projects on his projects folder in that demo. Were those

ever available to A:Mers? I know that many of the other Tak characters were

generously included on the extras cds at one point, but I don't remember the

Tak character himself actually being available.

• Admin
I noticed that he has 2 TAK projects on his projects folder in that demo. Were those

ever available to A:Mers? I know that many of the other Tak characters were

generously included on the extras cds at one point, but I don't remember the

Tak character himself actually being available.

A couple (as in a few) of the background assets made their way into public.

I recall seeing a Ram, and a Chicken and have seen those pop up in a few productions (Spleengene's music videos being prime location for spotting those). Those assets should be on the Extra DVD.

I don't remember the Tak character himself actually being available.

If the Tak character was ever distro'd there would be very restrictive limitations to usage.

It was likely shared with a few people who were told not to distribute those resources further.

This is the case with many characters used in comericial works where they are shared for study or promotion purposes but not for general release to the public. Sometimes riggers run into these models when they assist with rigging chores or to study and promote new ideas in rigging.

I recall cases like this with Dennis the Dog and Petey and Jaydee which have versions in circulation but generally are not cleared for public use.

In the case of Dennis the Dog there is a stripped down version that is released as an aid for rigging.

• Admin

In Greg's case he probably went directly to the source and requested the models for his demo'ing purposes.

I expect it was easy for the creators to grant access for the intended purpose.

There are other resources from Avalanche that made their way into public over the years.

Lots of vehicles... and one of the most notable 'characters' being the Dragon from the cover of Jeff Paries Animation:Master book.