Hash, Inc. Forums

AM V17 Changes display settings

rusty

Hi,

It's unfortunate that AM changes the windows display settings...V14 did not but I guess for some reason V17 has to? I thought AM set them back upon exiting but for some reason I stuck with out the 'transparency' of the window frames (whatever that is called). This should be a trivial point but I guess I've gotten spoiled. How do I change them back?

Cheers,

Rusty

Hi,

It's unfortunate that AM changes the windows display settings...V14 did not but I guess for some reason V17 has to? I thought AM set them back upon exiting but for some reason I stuck with out the 'transparency' of the window frames (whatever that is called). This should be a trivial point but I guess I've gotten spoiled. How do I change them back?

Cheers,

Rusty

You can find a setting called "Dont disable Aero at startup." in A:M under Tools > Options.

This helps to disable that... very likely you will experience a solid selection-box when selecting something in A:M with the rectangle tool, but if you are not or you can live with it, you can turn the setting off and it should work.

See you

*Fuchur*

I hear that "aero" is no more in Windows 8.

I hate it when they give you something and then take it away! Anyway, I'll be finding out soon enough...my new notebook will arrive next week and it has Win8.

Thanks robcat!

Rusty

I hear that "aero" is no more in Windows 8.

I hate it when they give you something and then take it away! Anyway, I'll be finding out soon enough...my new notebook will arrive next week and it has Win8.

Thanks robcat!

Rusty

I'm running WIndows 8. No Aero, and I still have the problem with the selection boxes being solid, even if the option mentioned above is disabled.

Andy.

• Hash Fellow
I'm running WIndows 8. No Aero, and I still have the problem with the selection boxes being solid, even if the option mentioned above is disabled.

Andy.

It probably will need some new investigating now that the new OS is out. Perhaps there are some other Windows display settings that might be involved?