Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Construction/rigging/pose problem

rusty

Hi!

I need to build a model (or chor) which contains 100 spheres evenly spaced in a cube formation (25 to a side) and be able to do the following using 2 poses:

1. Increase/decrease the size of all spheres.

2. Increase/decrease the spacing between each sphere.

I'm looking for an easier way to do this. Something that's not as much work as creating/positioning each sphere and creating poses (or constraints) for each sphere.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Rusty

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
100 spheres evenly spaced in a cube formation (25 to a side)

Sounds like a job for the Duplicator wizard.

First dupe out a line of 25, then dupe that line 25 times across, then dupe that 25x25 grid 25 times down.

Cube!

however, the duplicator wizard will not copy bones in the model and I think you need a bone in each sphere and you don't want to add them after the fact.

So this will need some more thinking.

• Admin

After creating your hero model you could use the Multiple Copies plugin in a Chor.

This would allow you to achieve the following:

Adjusting the size of the hero model would increase/decrease the size of all spheres simultaneously.

Adjustment of each of the spheres individually could be done via several methods depending on the look you are after.

Adjusting the size of the hero model would do this as well.

You might have to scale the whole collection of spheres up to make it look like the spheres weren't changing size but rather moving closer together or farther apart.

EDIT: Another way to do this... (but perhaps harder to figure out the size and spacing issues)

Use the Brick plugin to duplicate the spheres.

That plugin hides from folks but can be found via File/Plugins/Wizards when in a Choreography.

After creating your hero model you could use the Multiple Copies plugin in a Chor.

This would allow you to achieve the following:

Adjusting the size of the hero model would increase/decrease the size of all spheres simultaneously.

Adjustment of each of the spheres individually could be done via several methods depending on the look you are after.

Adjusting the size of the hero model would do this as well.

You might have to scale the whole collection of spheres up to make it look like the spheres weren't changing size but rather moving closer together or farther apart.

EDIT: Another way to do this... (but perhaps harder to figure out the size and spacing issues)

Use the Brick plugin to duplicate the spheres.

That plugin hides from folks but can be found via File/Plugins/Wizards when in a Choreography.

Hi Rodney,

I hope this finds you well and happy! Your last reply throws me from the start..."hero model"? What's a 'hero model'?

Cheers,

Rusty