Hash, Inc. Forums

A:M used for trade fare film....

Fuchur

I really was amazed on the robust displacement-mapping while doing this animation...

First I modelled the pimples but I didnt want to weight those, especially since the customer changed the design of the product several times while we were producing the animation.

And so I first used an TGA with all the pimples on it but had quite many noticeable steps in the pimples... finally I used an EXR-file with 32bit to avoid the steps in at the pimples and it all got very smooth and worked in an instance.

I was worried because people here on the forum had problems when animating with displacementmaps, but as you can see it worked like it should without any trouble. (even when you look quite directly at the front and the pimples are more or less 90° to the camera they render quite well.

The project was really fun and both the customer and us liked the result very much!

Thanks A:M... it really went great and production in A:M was very fast.

See you

*Fuchur*

• Hash Fellow
I was worried because people here on the forum had problems when animating with displacementmaps, but as you can see it worked like it should without any trouble. (even when you look quite directly at the front and the pimples are more or less 90° to the camera they render quite well.

If you ever do have such trouble with displacement, a work-around is to render at 3X the res and resize that down.

Very nice! Well done.

And I was pleased and surprised to see that "schmutz" is a real word still in use today, not just something my gramma used to say.... :D

*grin* Yes it is... so we often use "Dreck" instead but it is a common word ;).

See you

*Fuchur*

Hallo Gerald,

Sehr schönes, superprofessionelles Ergebnis.

Freut mich sehr, dass sich A:M hierbei so gut bewährt hat.

Dann werdet Ihr das sicher in Zukunft noch oft eindetzen können.

Alles Gute

:) Jost

Dankeschön :).

Und machen wir schon. Ist nur mal eins der Projekte, wo man es auch mal veröffentlichen darf... ;)

(Thanks :).

And we already do. This is just one of those projects we can show off... ;) )

Bis dann

*Fuchur*