Hash, Inc. Forums

fan bones before running rigger

detbear

Hey all.....

I've already run TSM builder and flipper on a character and now I'm adding fan bones before running TSM rigger.

My question is......Will adding a bunch of fan bones mess the TSM Rigger up? Is there a naming convention to avoid/ look out for

as far as naming the fan bones go?

Thanks so much...

William

Hey all.....

I've already run TSM builder and flipper on a character and now I'm adding fan bones before running TSM rigger.

My question is......Will adding a bunch of fan bones mess the TSM Rigger up? Is there a naming convention to avoid/ look out for

as far as naming the fan bones go?

Thanks so much...

William

if you put the fan bones in first, flipper will mirror them for you! Rigger will ignore everything besides TSM bones

Thanks William,

Yeah....you're right about that.....I'm having to add the fan bones one side at a time because

I'm experimenting with a new idea/scheme for using fans.

My hope is to reduce the amount of weighting/ smartskin byusing a rediculous amount of fan bones.

This model has more cps than other characters....

and thus very time consuming to go cp to cp. Fan bones are more easy for me to wrangle

it all in. For you masters out there, I'm sure there's a better way....but for me....this is working

out ok.

So far, the results are much better than I even thought.

But we shall see.

William

• Hash Fellow
Doesn't work on smartskin if I recall but wooow.....what a time saver.

there is a "Mirror All Smartskin" built into A:M already... RMB in the Model window. I recall it behaving oddly several years ago but I think it is fixed now.