Hash, Inc. Forums

Smartskin Question

Simon Edmondson

Plugging away steadily I'm trying to get to grips with smartskin. watched Roberts excellent video and making progress. A quick question though,

Do I have to make a new SS for every joint as a separate relationship or, can they all be done in one reltionship ?

eg, making an initial SS for right forearm can I make an SS for the wrist in the same window/relationship or does it have to be a new SS/relationship ?

regards

simon

Plugging away steadily I'm trying to get to grips with smartskin. watched Roberts excellent video and making progress. A quick question though,

Do I have to make a new SS for every joint as a separate relationship or, can they all be done in one reltionship ?

eg, making an initial SS for right forearm can I make an SS for the wrist in the same window/relationship or does it have to be a new SS/relationship ?

regards

simon

Do them in seperate once if you dont intend the other bones to always move too if you are rotating the bone the smartskin was made for. (this can be useful too, depending on what you are after > for instance if the task is: if you close one eye-lid the second should always follow, etc.).

Short answer: In general use one for each bone.

See you

*Fuchur*

Do them in seperate once if you dont intend the other bones to always move too if you are rotating the bone the smartskin was made for. (this can be useful too, depending on what you are after > for instance if the task is: if you close one eye-lid the second should always follow, etc.).

Short answer: In general use one for each bone.

See you

*Fuchur*

Gerald

Thank you for your reply and the information.

Much appreciated.

regards

simon

Working away on the smart skin. I thought it might be a good idea to smooth out the model as well.

In te past I've used the porcelain material but, found something called "smooth" hxt the other day. Would this be an appropriate way to go and, if so, are there instructions on useage ?

regards

simon

• Hash Fellow

Smooth does an averaging of the surface, probably not ideal for a character.

You can find info for all the Steffen Gross plugins at http://www.sgross.com/plugins/index.html

I like to use bias adjustment to smooth bumps. Here's an example...

SmoothingWithBias_h400.mov

Smooth does an averaging of the surface, probably not ideal for a character.

You can find info for all the Steffen Gross plugins at http://www.sgross.com/plugins/index.html

I like to use bias adjustment to smooth bumps. Here's an example...

SmoothingWithBias_h400.mov

Robert

Thank you for your reply. I will look at both options.

regards

simon