Hash, Inc. Forums

Adding a face rig

Gerry

I'm making good progress with the 2008 rig, putting it into Colfax, the one human character in Nightcallers. I'm still at the "rigging the right half" and am just finishing up the cp weighting. I'm thinking that I should put in half of a face rig at this point but I'm not sure how to proceed.

I could put in half of Holmes' LiteFace but that would cause probs possibly with some multi-d relationships and may end up being more trouble than it's worth.

I could just attempt to rig it from scratch but that seems like I could get in beyond my skills when it comes to adding the controls.

How do other folks add a face rig at this point?

• Hash Fellow
I'm making good progress with the 2008 rig, putting it into Colfax, the one human character in Nightcallers. I'm still at the "rigging the right half" and am just finishing up the cp weighting. I'm thinking that I should put in half of a face rig at this point but I'm not sure how to proceed.

I could put in half of Holmes' LiteFace but that would cause probs possibly with some multi-d relationships and may end up being more trouble than it's worth.

I could just attempt to rig it from scratch but that seems like I could get in beyond my skills when it comes to adding the controls.

How do other folks add a face rig at this point?

I'm not familiar w/ either... I presume from your descr that 2008 is "do half then flip" and Holmes' is not ?

CRAZY notion... do the body in one copy of-the model as directed, then do the head in another copy of of the model as directed. Then delete the head from the first version and import the head from the second version

Hm, I may need to rethink my question. It's been awhile but you may be right Robert. I believe at the time, awhile back, I couldn't get the cp weights to mirror and got bogged down manually weighting both sides, giving me bad memories. But I should look at the lite face again, it may well be do-one-side-and-flip. I used it for Midge and it works real well.

I looked over the LiteFace instructions and it's not a CFA type but that's fine. As for the mirroring cp weights, that was years ago, I may not be remembering it right, but I will test it. I also decided to add the face rig later, it's not that big a deal. The 2008 rig went in really smooth and I'm just doing some fine tuning.