Hash, Inc. Forums

Buying a coffee shop

Shelton

Looking great Steve. Just thinking out loud from when you said you were making the hair static in my thread. If you made the pony a separate piece you could have the dynamic options set to on and it could swish around without interfering with the other hair.

• 2 weeks later...
  • *A:M User*

Over the last few weeks I have been busy with hair on the characters.

I then looked at how many models I have completed while working on the hair and I have to say there have been several. :blink:

Anyway I put together the three main ones I have completed hair on.

I rendered this shot and found that the poodles hair was messed up in the shot I began to look and the model's hair, in v18a is messed up. What I mean some of the options are gone?? So I will go back to a back up and come forward :(

As for now I am actually rigging Laurie's face again. So I will be posting some facial expressions over the next few days. I have taken some time off this week and plan to have the poses in place.

Thanks for looking.

Steve

group0.png

I wanted to give a shout out to Dan and the pose he was able to do with his "Disney" inspired character. Quite frankly I did not know if the rig installed in my Disney influenced character could bend in the same way he was able.

Here is Laurie in Dan's pose.

Steve

rigtestt0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I placed the coffee shop on the corner and render a quick shot. Well it was not quick using AO.

I will get the decal on the roadway to dirty it up and start putting other buildings on the street.

Steve

building0.jpg

Thanks Robert!

Rodney

We are developing the background and establishing the characters of Cupids Sick Day.

We used a couple of the characters in the Rear Window Project and will be introducing a couple of more in this short. The next will begin the run at Cupids Sick Day.

I am not ready to animate a short what I see in Cupid. So Chris and I decided a short such as this to develop our skills and workflow.

Rodney I am ready to get him, PM, in front of the camera but I know it will be a bit yet. The good news is also that with Mack and Chris' help I am learning how to model, rig, and well I lot of things I did not know how to, better than what I created in 2010. The character shape and forms and movements are looking a lot better.

The best thing is what I learn in our google plus meetings. Chris, Mack and I meet and discuss issues, problems, achievements and well, life. I have found two pretty cool guys in them and hope to bring in a couple of more before it is all finished. The meetings are an excellent way to push a short such as this forward.

Steve

PS

I have found a pool of voice talents in a local theater group. I had another session scheduled for this weekend but the main two have colds and after hearing them hacking on the phone today decided to cancel the recordings. It is amazing of what goes into all this. But sure has been a lot more fun with help!

Completed the exterior, besides the paint. The glass is from one of the materials from the enhanced AM collection and has a nice reflection.

You can see Ian on the top floor in his soon to be office.

Steve

mythos0.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Mack

When we met I was using the same settings except for Multipass and that one took 6 hours and this one finished in 1:57. Of course it is with hair, ao, etc...

So when it comes to the animation it will be different!

Steve

I used the wrong mat. It will not be like that. A second floor will be in place. I always start with a box to get the size of the building and then build around it. The roof that is there is actually the flooring for the building :).

I hope to have the first floor completed tonight. The bay window area was to extend out in front so I have to correct that.

The main buildings around the coffee shop will have more detail and further down the streets I will use maps for the buildings.

Steve

Hi Nancy and thanks!

Render times are huge now.

Still looking at SSAO and getting that working. Right now rendering with AO to see the details!

Hope to have the street done soon and will begin the test renders.

Steve

Any thoughts?