Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

What are all the Mac keyboard equivalents?

robcat2075

• Hash Fellow

I've probably asked this before and gotten good answers but...

I know that CTRL-click is the one-button mac equivalent of a right-click in A:M

Is "Command+" still the MacOS equivalent for CTRL+ combinations on a PC?

What is the equivalent of holding ALT on a PC to subtract things from a selection?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Option" is the equivalent for ALT.

Mac mouses I think all can right-click now. The only problem I found is that I couldn't right click while also left-clicking. On Mac mouses you either click on the left or right of the mouse (there is no button.)

See here.

I'm not sure which mouse you use. I use a magic mouse and downloaded this software called magic prefs. It allows me to configure a whole bunch of options for the mouse, including middle click and things like that. Option keys are also generally labelled Alt at the top of the key as well. And yes, Command is the Mac equivalent to Control on a Windows.

What is the equivalent of holding ALT on a PC to subtract things from a selection?

Do you mean selecting a bunch of CP's to remove from a group of previously selected CP's?

Holding down either 'alt/option' or 'cmd' as you select will let you do this on a Mac in A:M.

Mac users though may be more used to using the 'cmd' key when doing this, I certainly am, as outside of A:M say in a Finder window only the 'cmd' key will let you subtract from a group of selected items.

I've got a standard Logitech two-button-and-scroll-wheel mouse on my Mac and I can left click/right click to weld cp's just fine.

I meant Apple mouses, Gerry. I, too, use a Logitech mouse to get around that limitation. Switched to one not long after I started using A:M.