Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Hit Man

RS3D

I am working on a simple animation of a hitman-type character. I have the poses worked out and before I go further, I would like to know if they read well enough to understand what is happening. If someone would take a minute to look at the attached animation and let me know if it is clear, I would appreciate it.

hitman1.jpg

hitman2a.mov

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

He looks good!

Aiming at the camera is tricky because it's the hardest angle to detect the shape of the hand. Maybe aiming just below the camera would work better?

I'd keep the fingers in the gun pose while he's blowing the smoke away.

Thanks to Steve392 and Kamikaze for your prompt replies. I am encouraged to go on with more enhancements.

To Robcat, I did experiment with different angles for the finger. The problem is the lighting setup makes for some

funny shadows when you change the angle, so the the one I used was the best compromise. To try to overcome

it, I tried to put a lot of other angles to the hand so the pose at the extreme pointing to the camera was

hopefully obvious because of what happens before and after.

It is a good suggestion to keep the gun shape with the hand with the current animation. But the real purpose of

this was to go to the next phase which is (hopefully) to experiment with the particle/smoke system to apply

to the gun barrel finger. It will be an attempt at humor when he actually has to blow out smoke from the

finger tip after firing at the camera. As always, your suggestions are appreciated.