trying to show weight

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Walks are difficult to do. I would make these quick notes...

-I'd make the stride much shorter in distance, especially for a woman unless she is in a very big hurry or stepping over puddles. maybe 1-2 foot lengths.

-the legs will be nearly straight at the moment the heel touches the ground. Legs. Not one leg. Both. The front leg is ALMOST straight because it is reaching to touch the ground. The back leg is ALMOST straight because it has been holding the body up and pushing it forward as the other leg is brought up. It's like a pole vault stick that the body is vaulting over to the next step.

-The hips and body do not begin moving up at the same instant the heel touches he ground. they continue down for a bit because the weight of the body has been dropped onto that front leg and it is not able to instantly reverse that inertia. after a few frames the body begins up again, pushed up by that vaulting pole leg.

- the rear foot does not leave the ground at the instant the front foot touches down. It extends to push off with the toes for a few more frames. How many more? The slower the walk, the longer both feet are on the ground simultaneously. You almost have to be in a jog before the rear foot begins to leave at the moment the front foot contacts the ground.

-animate the swinging arms in FK and they will be much easier to make look natural.

Aside from the points made by Robert, the thing that really stands out to me is how unfeminine this walk looks.

Here is Richard Williams describing the difference between men and women (exaggerated of course for Toon style):

Perhaps you should use a male character to start?

HAha no its not very eligant is it ,I was really just doing the bit on the hips /stomack when she comes down and up again,using the squoch ,squich rig ,I think it could work well in another model where it is rigged properly.Ive never seen anyone use it so thought I would give it a go

Robert Ive got so many of your vidios and text that I keep as ref you wouldn;t bileave so thanks for this one aswell