Hash, Inc. Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kamikaze

Looking for AMer for work on animated Music Video

Fellow Hashers,

I would like to see if there may be any interest In helping out with a music video I like to have made for a song I wrote (Pirate Man) the song is recorded, mind you I'm not professional and this project is for fun........What I'm willing to do sense I would like to compensate those who may want to get involved, is trade my C-130 Hercules (Aircraft) model for your time and effort..I will ask that if you choose to work on this project that you will not give this model away, use it in anyway you like with due credit ..I may want to use it as compensation in later projects....

Pirate Man the song is 2 min and 16 sec long of course the music video with credits/titles etc would make it longer.

There is no time table and I would leave it up to any takers to make suggestions on how the animation should go ...... with possible suggestions from me, that is if I have any ...... all ideas welcome

Would need a story board to rough out plan

models made ...from scratch or build / modified from already existing models

Main Character : Pirate Man

Pirate Crew

Parrot

Pirate Ship and all that goes with it/ Props

Ocean scene

animating of characters

And so on ..... many of you will have a better idea on what it all intails

Just reply to this post if you have interest and in which area.....all involved will get a copy of the C-130 model....

link to forum post of c-130 model:

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showt...amp;hl=hercules

Or if you'd like to go it alone, that's fine ..... some like a one man show ..or of you want to take the lead and get those you

know involved that fine .... this is for fun and my desire to have a music video of this song for my grandchildren!

The song listen to the song and download it from here:

http://www.reverbnation.com/michaelcossey

The lyrics:

Pirate Man-----© 2011 Michael R. Cossey

Mike Cossey...Rhythm guitars, Acoustic lead, Bass x2, BG Vocals (& programed Drum Tracks)

Phil Wint.....Lead Vocal, Rhythm guitar, Electric lead

Verse 1

He's a pirate man

with a patch on one eye

tease him all you want

but he never will cry

He carry's quite an odor

you can say he's rank

but never to his face

or you'll walk the plank

Verse 2

He's got Polly on his shoulder

who always wants a cracker

A cook in the galley

who also is his banker

He's got a lazy crew

but they know just what to do

for when the captain's mad

they sing a song or two

Chorus 1

He's got a peg for a leg

and a hook for a hand

you can search all you want

but he's never on dry land

He's a scallywag who knows

just what his niche is

a mean old bugger

have you swimin' with the fishes...Argh!!

Verse 3

No sense of humor

he's a cloudy sky

no Peter Pan gonna

change this guy

As a terror of the sea

he's just first rate

the sort of fella

you just love to hate

Verse 4

It's a dangerous profession

better watch your step

or you'll make your acquaintance

with the oceans depth

If your swinging from the crows nest

then with death you flirt

it's all fun and games

until someone get's hurt!

Chorus 2

You'll have a peg for a leg

and a hook for a hand

they can search all they want

but your never on dry land

A scallywag

Who knows just what your niche is

a mean old bugger

have em swimin' with the fishes...Argh!!

Repeat,first Verse...

He's a pirate man

with a patch on one eye

tease him all you want

but he never will cry

He carry's quite an odor

you can say he's rank

but never to his face

or you'll walk the plank...Argh!!

C_130.jpg

I wouldn't mind helping with character modeling. I'll do it just for fun. I am modeling a crow right now that i could turn into a parrot and maybe a few more characters.

Oh that's fine .... It is all for fun only....not time table...doesn't matter if or when it gets done .....or even quality of finished render..alls cool..... it is kinda of a way I can also get a little help on this project ....and get my C-130 out to those who my want a copy ........ I'll check on the size of the c-130 model file and if you'd like it, I can email it to you....I don't even know how many MBs it is ...also has action object ... to install parts .....I have use it recently on the Rear WIndow community project.....so I know it loads in 16 and 17...

Mike

Might be speaking too soon (I have a LOT of work to do in the coming weeks) but I might like to model the pirate ship. You did after all lend a vocal hand to Red Squad so I'd like to return the favour!

That would be cool, if it happens you find the time.....I know it can be difficult to hunt down ...... But you don't owe me a favor, and what I did was way easier...smile.....still if it works out for you and time......and if you'd want..a C-130......

Did a quick modeling ( will refine eventually) of Pirate Man's Blunderbuss Pistol..not authentic but an OK prop.........test render of the thing firing...no projectile or barrel smoke tho..a little heavy handed on the primer smoke.and I don't like the way the smoke clears out...I always seem to have troubles with decent looking smoke....there is a Streak emitter in there too......

The speed isn't correct ..a little tweaking on the action file needed.......

Tweaked the settings on vid 2

Added zip file containing Blunderbuss (no decal or particles) and action file..

Blunderbuss_Fire.mov

Blunderbuss_Fire_2.mov

Blunderbuss_Fire_2.zip

So what kinda style do you want for this ship? Photorealistic or cartoon or somewhere in the middle? Also what kind of ship do you want? You going for like man o' war type deal?

Darkwing,

Thanks for asking back ...... after you mentioned the last time about the Ship...I did some searching on my Animation Drive and found one I had started years ago and never quite finished ... so not to waste anyones time ...I think I'll finish it up.....(I have a lot of half finished models) ... I do appreciate the offer ..... I'm sure mine may not be spot on but should work .....I am going with the props being somewhat realistic..

Thanks

Mike

You sure? I've always been wanting to build a ship but have never really had any reason to justify building one :P

Could have another and stage a high seas battle ! ....... soon I'll post a pic of my Ship .....