Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Gravedigger's Voice

Ilidrake

So my question is can anyone out there on the forums do voices? I need someone who can do an older male character with a scottish accent. I tried doing it myself but my voice just isn't deep enough to pull it off. If your interested just PM or hit me up here. Thanks. Unfortunatly this isn't a payed gig. Though you will get your name in the credits of the trailer once it's uploaded and live.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So my question is can anyone out there on the forums do voices? I need someone who can do an older male character with a scottish accent. I tried doing it myself but my voice just isn't deep enough to pull it off. If your interested just PM or hit me up here. Thanks. Unfortunatly this isn't a payed gig. Though you will get your name in the credits of the trailer once it's uploaded and live.

Lloyd

It depends what sort of scottish accent you want doing. There are very distinct differences between the highlands andIslands and the Lowlands like Glasgow and Edinburgh. I have a friend who is an actor and loves doing voices. What do you want doing and when do you want it done by, do you have a script. I could ask my friend over the weekend ?

regards

simon

PS

Sean Connery is an Edinburgh accent, Billy Connoly is a Glasgow accent, Eaun McGregor is a posh scottish accent I think Robbie Coltrane is Lowland but not sure ?

• Admin
And i do have a script but its short because its only a trailer.

Yes, but don't have the voice change to another person between the trailer and the final movie.

Better to record the full dialogue of both the trailer and the movie around the same time frame if possible.

Ive always thought sean connery. And i do have a script but its short because its only a trailer. I have 6 months to get this done so no big rush just getting the ball rolling.

Lloyd

If you send me the script, PFG@Tesco.net, I'll ask Ian about it for you. He's a bit ill at present so, if Robert can do it, and he sounds like he can, that might be the best bet?

regards

simon

PFG stands for Pretentious Fat Git

Well I'm just going over the script right now, changing and adding to tighten it up. Robcat, I finally have the chance to hear what you recorded and it sounds really good. So if you don't mind could you do it? I really like the roll on the "R"s.... :lol: I'll have the script finished in a few days and you can look it over. And this thing is by no means iron clad. If you find something that can be done better by all means let me know. All considerations are taken. Also I'll leave the actual acting of the lines in your hands. I'll simply direct if you don't feel your hitting the emotions right.

• Hash Fellow

I'll give it a shot! However, I shall probably be absent for the rest of this week until after Thanksgiving.

Just in the interest of thoroughness you might want to see if there are better candidates since you have time. :lol:

Okay Robcat. Do you want me to just send the script via message or email? Or I can zip it up and post it here for you.

Oh believe me I am. I have two other candidates available right now. But your recording at the top was really interesting and as I said I have 6 months to work on this. I'm still working on the sets so it's no rush if you can't get to this immediatly.

Okay, for anyone who'd like to take a stab at this and have a little fun with the character here is the script zipped up. It's just a text file with the formatting intact.

Trailer___Pass_1.txt

Edited by Ilidrake

• 4 months later...
  • Hash Fellow
Okay Robcat. Do you want me to just send the script via message or email? Or I can zip it up and post it here for you.

Oh believe me I am. I have two other candidates available right now. But your recording at the top was really interesting and as I said I have 6 months to work on this. I'm still working on the sets so it's no rush if you can't get to this immediatly.

Okay, for anyone who'd like to take a stab at this and have a little fun with the character here is the script zipped up. It's just a text file with the formatting intact.

Lloyd, i forgot all about this. Did you still want me to do this or did you find a suitable grave digger?

I haven't found a suitable voice. But I pulled the script from Amazon Studios and me and Rodney are working on it together. So there will be no trailer just yet. I do like the voice-over you did and would love for you to do his voice in the film itself. I'm working on the animatic right now and if your interested I could send you a copy of the script. Let me know if your interested :)